dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreadlock Timeline [Updates]

Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

Greetings from the Philippines!

I'm new to this site but not new to dreading.

I had my 1st set in May 2009 but it didn't last too long 'coz got new job back then (damn wok! lol) and needed to cut them out.

Here's my first dreads (left photo). made by my friend. He did the backcombing+crochet method for those. After th e first process, I just leave them on their own..and they did the job well in locking. Pretty good for my first (I guess).

I started my 2nd set a week ago (April 14th) and decided to start short. I asked someone to section my hair and used crochet+twist, rip&roll method all by myself and leave them again. Here's my baby locks. Already washed them earlier with water..real cold water!

Wish me luck!

*****UPDATES*****

combed out crocheted and did TnR instead (and trashed all hook I have :D)

After 20 days ( May 4 ):

May 19 :

Here's how it looked like after 35 days:

just left under side and back untwisted for now, they're very short and tend to loose every time I attempt to tnr

July 12 :

2 months & 28 days

November 9 = 6months & 26 days

Thanks for looking! ^_^

updated by @mao: 02/14/15 05:20:09AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
agreed crochets reallly horrible for dreads but as long as u never touch that damn hook again they will recover

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

yeah I know..just read some discussions about crocheting dreads..well, I never used the hook after the day I started my second set..hope will be all good.

Thanks for looking! :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
yea 1 time wont be devastating they will take longer to actualy begin to dread bht 1 use isnt gonna weaken them severely or anything

--
Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts
ok. should I remove them from being crocheted and start it as natural or leave them for now until they recover?
Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

Thanks Amanda! I'm actually ripping/combing them off now. :D I'll post some pix later.

cheers!

Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts
TnR, the waaay to go.. :)
Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts

Update:

So I scrapped my crocheted locks and kept on TnR'ing last week but decided to dye my hair first and start twisting and ripping ag ain.

Uploaded updated pix today! Just finished my bs wash. :)

Entering first month of my journey May 5!

updated by @mao: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

wow congrats!

--
Mao
@mao
13 years ago
49 posts