Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Help put IC styling gel in my hair!

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

So, i put ic styling gel on my locs, they are two weeks old. they look ok, but i am wondering if i messed them up by doing that?

peace

updated by @v2: 01/13/15 08:58:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

if your african hair type some gels are ok you dont wabt em for styling but moisture if not african then you dont want anything

in the furture tru=y aloe ..jojoba oil shea butter anything like that..styling products arent the best ideas

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

Thank you! I was going to use pure aloe gel and some coconut oil, but i figured gel will just make it look tighter and not condition too much. Afterwards i went online and read about gel not being good, what will be the long term results on my locs? now my locs feel kinda unnatural and i hope it wears out with movement and sweat, 'cause i m not planning to wash my hair for another two weeks. I have curly hair.

Peace

V

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
:-) so i am guessing i should try to rinse my hair with some apple cider vinegar or something of that sort when i wash them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

probly and u should wash then now not wait why would u wait 2 weks to wash

washing is giood for dreads

did u go to a salon and they said dont wash?

salonsds are a mistake..u should wasdh 1-3 times a week every week if your african american your hair wont get as oily so a lil less is ok but still you should wash

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
yeah i did go to a salon, told me to way at least four weeks...ppl are giving me so many different opinions...my hair is curly but not very tight.

soaringeagle said:

probly and u should wash then now not wait why would u wait 2 weks to wash

washing is giood for dreads

did u go to a salon and they said dont wash?

salonsds are a mistake..u should wasdh 1-3 times a week every week if your afrivcan ameruican u dont ger t oily so lil less is ok but still should wash

V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts

You know guys, there are so many opinions out there is really confusing! I would like my locs to be a bit on the corporate side of things since i'm currently in graduate school, and searching for internships etc. But i also know that i want my locs to be as naturally maintained as possible. Before locs my curls were untamed and i figure locs would not be much different than how i was rocking my hair before.

I had flakes come out on the first week, and i started putting peppermint oil with water on my scalp and that has helped a lot. Now my hair scalp hardly is itchy.

Thank you guys!

Amy Lee
@amy-lee
13 years ago
31 posts
Can I just add - and I'm a newbie so I'm just theorizing - but I did the bs wash and acv rinse on baby dreads last week and I wish I had of used cooler water and less water pressure in the shower as hot, hard water pressure felt good at the time but it seemed to REALLY loosen the ends.

Personal Jesus MD said:
:P to do that bs/acv rinse you will need to do the baking soda part first goin straight for the vinegar kinda makes the scalp irratated. but for the baking soda soak you should use a gallon of water with 1/2 cup of baking soda soak your dreads in it take em out wait 10 mins rinse then use the apple cider vinegar i use a little more than half a cup per gallon on that then pour over your head or soak them and then rinse again you can add oils for more affects like rosemary for good scalp balance and tea tree has been used for A LONG time as something to keep away insects lol although you wont really have to worry about that peppermint oil also leaves a good smell and helps your scalp
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form