Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dead Ends

Sean
@sean
13 years ago
16 posts

Hi guys. My locs have been coming along and the front is starting to do what the back did and I'm very excited. Recently though, I noticed that some of the more solid dread's ends have very dead pieces of hair. So dead, I can see the white tips of the root (or I think the roots). Is this a bad thing? Or is this just part of the process? It's not on all of em. From afar it seems like the tips are a lighter color. But close up, they aren't. There's just lint and dead roots in them. Are there any steps I should take to correct this? Or am I fine?

Another question... I have this single dread. The tip is SUPER think and the rest of it is SUPER thin. I'm afraid the end will rip or fall off.. What's the deal?

Thanks =)

p.s. I wash with burt's bees everyday. That's it... since August last year.

updated by @sean: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

theyre fine just the super thin 1 u mina let congo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
might wanna let congo srry comp was freezing up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
13 years ago
849 posts

once hair is damaged there is no way to repair it. I have a few dead ends as well,it hasn't been a problem for me. You probably don't need to be washing everyday, constant washing can strip your hair of good oils and natural vitamins I believe, plus later mold could become an issue if they aren't left to dry long enough.

Lu A
@lu-a
13 years ago
66 posts

Okay, let's think about what a dread is. It's hairs that falls out of your head (I think the average is 100 a day which sound like alot but isn't) getting caught against living hair to knot up and matte together. By the time you've had your dreads for as long as you have there is a lot of dead hair on your head. And I'm not talking about how everyone says all the hair attached your scalp is dead because isn't not in your head anymore. These hairs are not growing out of your scalp anymore, they fell out and are simply knotted up in cones, etc, of hair. That is what a dread is. So you seeing dead piecves of hair is totally normal.

I agree with SE, might wanna let that thin one congo depending on how thin it is. If there is enough hair at the root that it can support it, let it be.

Anyway, long answer made short :You're fine bro. As long you wash and condition and generally take care of your dreads, you are fine.

Oh yeah, and are you conditioning? Because washing everyday, if pretty unnecessary, but with no conditioning you might be damaging your hair

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form