Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads seem thinner 1-2 days after wash...?

Angie Glaze
@angie-glaze
13 years ago
18 posts

I just have a couple questions(again!)

I always assumed that after washing dreads they would really plump up,but mine almost seem to do the opposite.The day that I wash( sea salt soak before wash, baking soda/tea tree/rosemary wash, acv rinse and cool water rinse) they get alot of frizzies and do have a coarser texture to them, but then the next couple days after I wash they just look thinner to me. This morning when I got up,a bead that I've had on one of my fatter dreads in the back fell out...I have no idea why. My dreadies will be a month old in 3 days, and I know there are times during this process that they will change...so is this normal? At what point will they start thickening and getting fatter and staying that way?!! I guess I'm just confused as to the normal progression that they take(I started with T&R)..... so that if sometimes seeming like you're going backwards is normal, then I wouldn't be concerned.

updated by @angie-glaze: 01/13/15 08:57:42PM
Angie Glaze
@angie-glaze
13 years ago
18 posts
...anyone? :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

1st 3-4 months it can seem to go backwards 4-8 months is when they usualy thicken alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
I myself have noticed what seems to be a little thinning on a few of my babe-locs. I dont know if this is because they are getting longer or what
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh were thety backcombed? backcombed dreads are puffy and sausagelike

at 1st so fatter then they normaly would be

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
mine do the same thing. i'm 5 months. i cant wait until they knot up more and start to fatten because my hair is thin enough.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form