Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

bleaching...

anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
Would it be safe for me to bleach my locks?
updated by @anthony-williams: 01/13/15 08:56:09PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

bleachings never truly safe always risky there are safe ways to lighten them tho

lemon juice when expposed to sun or heat )(blow dryer) will lighten them gradualy (very gradualy like sun highlights but eventualy can get really blond)

bleaching with bleaches or peroxide can be risky and fry the hair badly

lemons actualy slightly fconditioning so shouldnt fry the hair like chemicals do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tha tron
@tha-tron
13 years ago
147 posts
I totally destroyed my hair and transformed it into straw so.... I'm totally against it in any capacity but..... To each their own just make sure that you start with one dread to make sure u get the desired fx
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
In my experience,I found that, if you have bleched hair already,as long as you bleach the roots (the stuff that hasn't been bleached before), you should be fine. It won't be bad if it's your first time but over doing it can cause breakage for some I hear so just keep it in mind and use common sence. :) The link thatKnottysleeves provided is very helpful and iswhat Iused to refer to when I used to dye/bleach mine.
anthony williams
@anthony-williams
13 years ago
101 posts
cool, thanks delusion :] and yeah it will be my first time, none of my hair is bleached so i figured once shouldn't kill it right? i just wanted to bleach it all out one time ya know and just let i keep growing from there.
Jessa
@jessa
13 years ago
7 posts
I started using the Sun-In, and i completely regret it! It seemed to condition them too much, and that was after one time of use. My hair just soaked it right up, and it left a funky film in the dreads. If your super brittle I wouldn't bleach at all, but using this might help a bit. Try it, it will most likely affect everyone differently.
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
13 years ago
84 posts
No prob. :) Yeah, your dreads should be fine if that's all you want to do. :) Bleach actually seemed to make my dreads feel tighter in the early stages (that's when I used to do it). You should be fine. :) Have fun!

anthony williams said:
cool, thanks delusion :] and yeah it will be my first time, none of my hair is bleached so i figured once shouldn't kill it right? i just wanted to bleach it all out one time ya know and just let i keep growing from there.
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts
lemon juice is supposed to work really well. Or just go outside a lot lol
Jeffree Vega.
@jeffree-vega
13 years ago
66 posts
I've just bleached my hair over the past few days using this guide. It's fantastic and gets it down to a tee.My dreads feel tighter, stronger and look pretty amazing now too.

Knottysleeves said:

Depends on the condition of your hair. Here's the bleaching/dyeing dreads bible:

http://www.compunction.org/dyeing.txt

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form