Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my roots are bubbled!! is this normal???

butterflycove
@butterflycove
13 years ago
4 posts
Hi everyone, Ive had dreads for 2 weeks now, using the backcomb method, and quite a few of my roots (along my part and the top and sides of the back of me head) are bent up like a bubble, will this mellow out as my hair grows??? thank you!!!!!
updated by @butterflycove: 01/13/15 08:56:01PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

thats called looping and not only is it normal but nesacary

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
butterflycove
@butterflycove
13 years ago
4 posts
thank you, can you explain exactly what that is?? do i just ride it out and things will improve?? I realize the early stage of dreadlocks is strange and wonderful...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

the hair loops in order for uit to knot most loops get sucked in to form bumps or texture but some may remain (mostly nearer the tips)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sheresa
@sheresa
13 years ago
41 posts
I've been noticing the same thing and I'm finding that it helps my hair sit closer to my head so it can actually lay down finally. I back combed mine too so I delt with a scary ass afro for the first two weeks or so but as they're twisting they look way nicer, not to mention tighter than they have so far. With my hair the whole dread kind of turns or twists and causes a loop or bubble at the roots. I think it's making them look much nicer, it's exciting :)
butterflycove
@butterflycove
13 years ago
4 posts
cool, thanks for easing my thoughts about it everyone, om shanti om shanti...
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form