Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Just Starting Dreads With Dyed Hair

Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
Hi. I'm new to this site, and (sorta) new to dreads. Last March I started dreads by tnr, then took them out for various reasons. In December, I got tired of dealing with my hair altogether and decided to stop doing anything with it, including brushing. I never thought my hair would lock up quickly simply by not being brushed, but 2 1/2 weeks in, I found 3 distinct dreads. So I decided to go with it. My hair appears to be in pretty good condition, but I am slightly concerned because I have dyed my hair black for years using permanent hair dye. For the last year, I have done primarily just root touch-ups. My hair is also somewhat dry naturally. After reading some of the horror stories about dreads falling off, I'm starting to get paranoid, and wonder if my hair could be more damaged than it appears , and if I may have problems down the road. My hair is also naturally curly, and I'm having difficulty getting it to stay in sections. It sections itself into individual curls, but those curls may have roots that are 1/2" by 2". Should I let my hair just section itself, or should I whip it into submission by sectioning it where I want it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
updated by @black-rose: 01/13/15 08:55:34PM
Marcus Gibbs
@marcus-gibbs
13 years ago
16 posts
Don't "force" your hair to section just yet (if at all) You can let them go natural if you want a little more wild look to them. If you have dry hair, it shouldn't take long if you keep it clean. If they get too dry try using aloe. Try to post a pic if you can.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

let it section itself and only seperate sections tha are way too big

id stop dying if your worried it could be kinda amag then when theyre nice and mature u can do a lil vitamin eor jojoba or something npw and then to help nourish em

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
Thanks for the replies. As far as uploading pics, I haven't yet figured out how to do it from my iPhone.When/if I do, I'll post pics of my sections.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
theres a email sddress in the edit profile that u email em to

--
Black Rose
@black-rose
13 years ago
14 posts
For my profile, or to the thread?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

oh tht sends em to your photo galler to add em to the thread from a phone i have no idea unless u do it by url (i never had a cell phone so i dunno lol)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form