Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dread directions

Lya Nox
@lya-nox
13 years ago
4 posts

Because I started with backcombing, my dreads have started to lock pointing in specific directions. For example, the ones backcombed perpindicular to my scalp tend to stick out, then hang down. Some at the backwere combed down, so they are locking faster on the bottom with more loose hair at the top. (I'm not sure if I am describing this accurately)I suspect this is natural for backcomb method, and my question is this: As my dreads grow and gain weight will they lay a bit flatter against my scalp or will they always lock on one side faster? I am getting some really wild bends and kinks in them, which I quite like, will they all do this?

I'm not sure if you all can understand what I mean =S Here's a crude sketch, if that helps.

Thanks

Lya

updated by @lya-nox: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they'll even out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ourdub
@ourdub
13 years ago
47 posts
thats a pretty good sketch. honest! funny but can also get painful. couple years after some of mine were unnaturally "started" / and they are still re-sectioning themselves. no idea on the kinks. most everything not naturally formed on my head doesn't have a lot of kinks. most everything that is naturally formed does. i dont have a lot of backcombed locks tho.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form