Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dry brittle dreads

Maggie May
@maggie-may
13 years ago
5 posts
soo..i've had my dreads for a little over 1 and 1/2 years and lately they have seemed really dry and brittle especially at the ends. What can i do to make them healthier?
updated by @maggie-may: 01/13/15 08:54:48PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
aloe jojoba shea or cocoa butter vitamin e any of those

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
13 years ago
393 posts

I started using a tea spoon of white vinegar mixed in with eight ounces of water.to give my dreadlocks a decent conditioning when they got to dry. I also stopped adding a little bit of salt to the baking soda mix I use to clean my hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

yea vinager will conditionslightly salt will dry em alot

i kinda mix as needed

i use vinager and salt and jojoba and africas best and whatecver

if i got alotta loose hairs ui skip jojoba and africas best add lil more salt (always use vinager) if the loose hairs are dreading up good i use less or no salt if theyre real dry i use jojoba or jojoba and africas best

over conditioning then might make alotta loose hairs so salt gets back in

--
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
BTW you can find Africas Best Ultimate Herbal Oil online or at any walmart/target/walgreens in the "ethnic section". Its good stuff and i found it at walmart for two bucks.
Maggie May
@maggie-may
13 years ago
5 posts

soaringeagle said:
thank you so much. what kind of aloe should i use? i used to have a plant but i recently got rid of it. Also, would i use it like a shampoo or with dry dreads?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe u want only aloe from the plant or aloe gel/juice thats refridgerated abnd has absolutely no other ingrediebts even if it says 100% aloew read the ingredients

u can add to a spray add to the vinager rinse u can spear ut right on with your hands u name it

Maggie May said:

soaringeagle said:
thank you so much. what kind of aloe should i use? i used to have a plant but i recently got rid of it. Also, would i use it like a shampoo or with dry dreads?

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form