Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

itching/loose hairs

J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
some times my head itches pretty bad. even after i wash. and what can i do to put my loose hairs back into my dreads?
updated by @jd: 02/14/15 07:36:42AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
leave loose hairs alone they eventualy become new dreads]if uy start obssessing over loose hair u will start crocheting and that will make them veruy high maintanance even requiring 15 hours a week to fix the dammage caused by crochetingitchtry the baking soda deep ckease with a lil teatree (10 drops max) and alot more rosemary (20-30)u can also use a very diluted pepermint spray betweenstop sea salt if u use it oftren

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
lolmine too. I recently started using baking soda and my head stopped itching, ur should try it. Soaring eagle has a section for it. u cant really do anything about the loose hairs unless u wana crochet which will damage ur locks. they will naturally join the dread in time.
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
I deleted the double post....I get that problem too, my scalp will be clean...not too oily, not too dry but it will still itch. I think with me it has to do with allergies caused by fragrances and chemicals in soap I use. I remember apple cider vinegar helping reduce itchies a lot. If it's allergies then scratching and root rubbing will make it worse. SE's baking soda wash is pretty allergen free, try that for a couple of weeks and if it is allergies then it should stop itching.As for loose hairs, the almost unanimous ideal is to leave them alone, everyone has them you just notice yours more than you do on other people. But people have mentioned the need to tidy them for professional reasons, if that is the case then there is options such as using aloe vera gel, crocheting, and a burn method.
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
Burn method? what is that? Puppy said:
I deleted the double post....

I get that problem too, my scalp will be clean...not too oily, not too dry but it will still itch. I think with me it has to do with allergies caused by fragrances and chemicals in soap I use. I remember apple cider vinegar helping reduce itchies a lot. If it's allergies then scratching and root rubbing will make it worse. SE's baking soda wash is pretty allergen free, try that for a couple of weeks and if it is allergies then it should stop itching.

As for loose hairs, the almost unanimous ideal is to leave them alone, everyone has them you just notice yours more than you do on other people. But people have mentioned the need to tidy them for professional reasons, if that is the case then there is options such as using aloe vera gel, crocheting, and a burn method.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
burn metodws just thatu take a lighter in 1 hand a wet rag in the other very quickly run the lighter acrodss the dread followed quickly by the wet rag to extuinguish all loose hairs along the outside of the dread are singed offya dont wanna do it on the longer loose hair at the roots tho onluy the lil fuzzon the dread itselfim not recommending it tho its less dammage then crochet since no structural (interiur) hairs are brokenbutt still it rwequires careful useits better to just use aloe or ignore the loose hairs Jo McClelland said:
Burn method? what is that?

Puppy said:

I get that problem too, my scalp will be clean...not too oily, not too dry but it will still itch. I think with me it has to do with allergies caused by fragrances and chemicals in soap I use. I remember apple cider vinegar helping reduce itchies a lot. If it's allergies then scratching and root rubbing will make it worse. SE's baking soda wash is pretty allergen free, try that for a couple of weeks and if it is allergies then it should stop itching.

As for loose hairs, the almost unanimous ideal is to leave them alone, everyone has them you just notice yours more than you do on other people. But people have mentioned the need to tidy them for professional reasons, if that is the case then there is options such as using aloe vera gel, crocheting, and a burn method.

--
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
sounds mighty dangerous lol soaringeagle said:
burn metodws just that
u take a lighter in 1 hand a wet rag in the other very quickly run the lighter acrodss the dread followed quickly by the wet rag to extuinguish all loose hairs along the outside of the dread are singed off
ya dont wanna do it on the longer loose hair at the roots tho onluy the lil fuzzon the dread itself
im not recommending it tho its less dammage then crochet since no structural (interiur) hairs are broken
butt still it rwequires careful use
its better to just use aloe or ignore the loose hairs

Jo McClelland said:
Burn method? what is that?

Puppy said:

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
not if u do it rightdreads themselves dont burn (well i ewould never try it on waxed dreads) only the loose hairs do and the wet rag puts em out iinstantlymy beard odviosly never gets trimmed but when i smoked it got trims by catching fire every couple monthstheres also some high end salon in la that uses fire to cut hair instead of scissorsbut again not recommending ya try it..i recommend doing nothing about loose hair

--
J.D.
@jd
15 years ago
115 posts
ok well i just tightened my dreads about a week ago, by just backcombing all them again and now that they aren't so "poofy" some of the dreads are actually splitting. what can i do about this?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
dont rebackcomb!!!!theres no need to "tighten" your dreads..leave em alonepost as pic of the splitting but pretty much should fix emselves if u leave em alonethe more u fuss with em the more ya can screw em up

--
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form