Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing dreads

Kenjondoe
@kenjondoe
13 years ago
8 posts
Hello everyone, I dreaded my hair 6 days ago and I bought a shampoo called jamaican tingle shampoo and I was wondering what process I should use to wash it... I know it may be early to wash then but I used beeswax and I really want to get it out, do you think this shampoo will help if you used it or heard about it. Thank you for all the replies :)
updated by @kenjondoe: 01/13/15 08:54:12PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts

Shampoo is not gonna get the wax out. The people selling wax will promise you that it washes out...but it doesn't. Look above at the dread wax removal information. It will tell you how to remove it. It might be easier to just go ahead and comb them out, get the wax out and start over clean. But since they are only 6 days old, there isn't really any tight knots yet. But you decide what is best for you.

You can wash your hair anytime after you start your dreads. I didn't even wait 6 days to do it. Keeping your hair clean will help it dread. Just be careful and wash gently. Concentrate on washing your scalp, not the actual dreads. Let the soap just run through your dreads. Gently but thoroughly rinse it. Easy as pie. They are babies and may loosen up a bit, but that is ok, it is normal and expected.

I don't rub my dreads with a towel to dry them. I gently squeeze and pat them dry with the towel.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
wax is evil to get out id rry dawn dish soap or better yet we have 2 wax removers in the meny that work pretty well straight undiluted vinager worksd somewhat too most shamopooos wont do a thing to get wax out thats why u should never out any in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
oh 6 days hell yes comb em iut start over cause removing wax can take months! but if u comb out and start over wax free thay will dread 3 times faster anyway

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Alex Haighton Kerr
@alex-haighton-kerr
13 years ago
11 posts

i would defo consider starting again i had dreads for 2 years with wax and the wax just never went away i have only just started a new set and they are 4 days old...i think and they are soft and cuddly when washed with the baking soda rinse. A bit loose but time and patience is the key! take care i hope you u find your own journey that best suits you!

soaringeagle said:

oh 6 days hell yes comb em iut start over cause removing wax can take months! but if u comb out and start over wax free thay will dread 3 times faster anyway
challie
@challie
13 years ago
19 posts
Dawn dishsoap works amazing to remove wax.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form