Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my dreads are thining out in the front

Chukkb
@chukkb
13 years ago
3 posts
my dreads are thining out in the front.. last time my hair did dat they came out.. so what can i do now... and what can i do to prevent it fom happening..
updated by @chukkb: 01/13/15 08:53:48PM
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
do you interlock? do you twist? both of those really thin the dreads at the root and can cause the dread to fall off or break off at the root. I have heard horror stories of ppl who just twisted the dread right off. I am not sure why,but it it seems to always be near the temple or above the ear, maybe because the hair grows finer there anyway?If you have loose hair around the area use that hair to strengthen your dread,or maybe if you have 2 thinner dreads close, you can try getting them to grow together into one dread.Pictures always help, it gives us a better idea of what is happening.
Chukkb
@chukkb
13 years ago
3 posts
well i think i twist them.. den i twist them 2gether just to style them.. so what do u think would be a better technquie to use to twist my hair

taye said:
do you interlock? do you twist? both of those really thin the dreads at the root and can cause the dread to fall off or break off at the root. I have heard horror stories of ppl who just twisted the dread right off. I am not sure why,but it it seems to always be near the temple or above the ear, maybe because the hair grows finer there anyway?
If you have loose hair around the area use that hair to strengthen your dread,or maybe if you have 2 thinner dreads close, you can try getting them to grow together into one dread.
Pictures always help, it gives us a better idea of what is happening.
taye
@taye
13 years ago
833 posts
honestly, the best thing is to just leave it alone and let it dread by itself. The greatest thing about dreads is that they should be no maintenance at all except for keeping them clean and keeping them separated. The healthiest dreads are maintenance free. Twisting and interlocking and all that weaken the hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

dont twist at all..lewave em alone co0mpletely just seperate if they join together (but if they are too thin already let em join together for strength)

overmaintaining dreads can cause dread loss and dreads well by the nature of dreading are best formed by neglect and maintained by not maintaining ..or..very minimal maintenance..only seperating as needed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
13 years ago
39 posts

You don't have to twist them up to style them. Just braid or flat twist into whatever style you are going to do.

Also, people swear by using Jamaican black castor oil or regular castor oil to help strengthen hairline edges.

Better yet, stop twisting so much and your hairline should come back ok.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form