Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Needed: A Professional Loctician

Amanda Campillo
@amanda-campillo
13 years ago
2 posts
I had Dreads last year for about 3 months. I was in the middle of a move and my furniture hadn't come yet so I had to sleep on the floor. At the same time my dog caught fleas (for the first time, thanks east coast grossness). I was so nervous that my dreads would capture them, I took them out. It was painful emotionally and physically. I am in Colorado Springs now and am looking for someone who is good, no...GREAT at forming dreadlocks. My hair is easy to work with and went back to normal after I took them out, probably cause they weren't in that long. I have dreading shampoo, comb and wax. I just need some good hands.
updated by @amanda-campillo: 01/13/15 08:53:39PM
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
13 years ago
39 posts
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

u do not want wax or a loctician ever do u want your dreads ruined?

u either go natural or twist and rip yourself a loctician/..and wax ids the worse thing u can do..seriusly

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ok some of these comments are gonna be sarcastic and not all too helpfull but let me explain why

1st off dread kits and wax iare huge mistakes wax will prevent dreading and builds up causing mold y stiff sticky fake ..candles (u cant call em dreads if they never really dread)

2nd salons and locticians are a ripposff they charge huge ammounts of money and 99% of all the locticians inm the workld use the worse methods there are that then need constant tevisists

the average loctician dreads are started ovder in 3 weeks to 3 months

always a disaster

wax dreads balmost never last past 4 years when they begin to rot from the inside

they are gross dirty and ruined

these places that charge monety to dread are niot interesterd in dreads only money..

on this site right here yiu will dread for free properly healthily without any products tools or traim=ning

there is no such thing as a procfessional loctician thats a made up term a scam lock..techniciabn.. dreads dread on theyee own buy not combing..how technical is that? b

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
13 years ago
120 posts
Time is your professional loctician :)
Amanda Campillo
@amanda-campillo
13 years ago
2 posts
Ok, easy. Please. I was all by myself when I chose to do this. I had no friends who had dreads, no one I knew could DO them and the research I did WAS alot and led me to where I was at the time. My dreads looked fine when I did them, I just want them again. I am a stay at home military mom/wife. give me a little credit. All I asked for was if someone could do them, not your personal opinion. Jeeps!

soaringeagle said:

u do not want wax or a loctician ever do u want your dreads ruined?

u either go natural or twist and rip yourself a loctician/..and wax ids the worse thing u can do..seriusly

Kris2
@kris2
13 years ago
43 posts

they're just pointin g out that wax and lockticians are the worst ways to get dreads.

Wax- they are gross to touch, they stick out alot more and are in general very dirty. This site has an entire section on how to remove wax! For the well-being of your hair i'd suggest you research on this site a bit more to find the best way for you to dread.

Locticians-They often use the crocheting method, which is very damaging makes you think you need to see them often for touch ups and cost alot. Crocheting is not a recommended start for dreads here.

So my advice is do more research on this site, check out the faq, read the forums a few times a day and you'll learn alot.

In general the most recommended ways to start dreads go from natural/neglect, then Twist n Rip, or Back Combing.

And heres some of the links that i recommend but definitely not limited to you check out:

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dreaducation-comprehensive

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/dread-wax-why-ya-dont-want-it

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreading-methods#axzz1AwSTZ3fP

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/dreadlock-maintenance#axzz1AwSTZ3fP

Amanda Campillo said:

Ok, easy. Please. I was all by myself when I chose to do this. I had no friends who had dreads, no one I knew could DO them and the research I did WAS alot and led me to where I was at the time. My dreads looked fine when I did them, I just want them again. I am a stay at home military mom/wife. give me a little credit. All I asked for was if someone could do them, not your personal opinion. Jeeps!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i aleready saud the dreads u did 1st time klooked great but iu made 2 huge mistakes 1 wax 2 loctician therefiore rhthey didnt last

now here on this site u have best info there is just forget everythuing the other sites said especialy about wax

twist and rip or go natural but do it yourself if u go to a loctician or use wax your going to ruin them and they again wont last

jif u follow what u read here theres no reason they cant last 60 years anfd grow to 40 feet

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form