Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

When Washing for Neglect Dreadlocks Help PLEASE

Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
13 years ago
23 posts
Ok so I was watching this guy talk about his neglect dreadlocks and he said that If you wash your hair while rubbing it in it's natural spiral pattern and then rub it in its natural pattern while drying it with a towel that your hair will lock up quicker. I have straight hair and I was wondering if that would stop my hair from dreading or if it will slow down the process of dreading if I did what the guy said. I use Dr. Bronner's.
updated by @rey-matsuzaki: 01/13/15 08:53:13PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i would just scrub the scalp with fingertips i wouldnt rub at all i sdee rubbing undoing more then it does

it can create knots as easily as remove knots

u can try and see what works for u tho

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Rey Matsuzaki
@rey-matsuzaki
13 years ago
23 posts

This guy recommends doing that or says he does that and his hair looks locked
SKip to 6:50 to see what he says
soaringeagle said:

i would just scrub the scalp with fingertips i wouldnt rub at all i sdee rubbing undoing more then it does

it can create knots as easily as remove knots

u can try and see what works for u tho

Faelwynn
@faelwynn
13 years ago
362 posts

What he's actually recommending is that you wash your hair in the same direction ( or directions) that it grows to promote knotting. I'm not sure what the science is around it, but if it makes you feel better then go with it. Personally I wash my hair pretty much the same exact way that I used to.

In the long run, you'll find that you'll get more knots on the days that you're not expecting any. Throw on a tam and live. That's the best way to help knots form.

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
It depends on your hair type possibly. I have washed every day as an experiment for the last week, rubbing the soap through in a circular spiral, letting it soak in,then just head shaking and letting it air dry. I have in fact noticed some progress doing this, and no loss ofanything becoming undone, but then again i have african type hair so it doesn't need much coercingto do it's thing.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form