Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

rubber bands @ the tips

Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts
so, when my dreads were finished, my wife put tiny rubberbands on the tips to help hold them together. a lot of posts said that this wasnt a great idea, but it just made sence or my hair type. my dreads are a week old and all the rubber bands are out. a bunch of bands fell out on their own, the rest i removed. if the band didnt fall out on its own, it was because the dread "ate"it up. i'm glad i removed the ones i did. if i hadnt and left them in another week, i would probably have to cut them out. they did hold the lock together well. i think that the locks that had the bands on the longest, are tighter at their core, maybe. so really, idk whats best. this is just what i've gone thru this week...
updated by @sancho-lopez: 01/13/15 08:53:12PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

your lucky u got em all out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Arnold
@brandon-arnold
13 years ago
184 posts

Well, I don't think any dreads can be tight at the core after a week lol. Most of mine are still pretty loose after three months!

A week probably did hold them together better though, and a week with them on the tips shouldn't damage them either. So, if all is good, then all is good!

Sancho Lopez
@sancho-lopez
13 years ago
28 posts
my dreads were locked day one. my wife twist and ripped them in nice. the only loose hair is the hair on the outter portions of the sections, with an exception of a few that are really loose. they didnt stay locked after i showered and washed my hair. and i did use the word, "tightER" . . . i never said my dreads were all tight, i just noticed a difference between the ones with the bands in comparison to the ones without.... i know theyre a week old and stuffcomes undone, but i'm working with tight knots in themiddle of most dreads. the twist and rip method works really well.so its all good. thanks for posting.
Bob Ngarly
@bob-ngarly
11 years ago
161 posts

Locks arent made in a day though man. Thats the initial knotiness. The hair has to loosen and knot on its own accord.

Sancho Lopez said:

my dreads were locked day one. my wife twist and ripped them in nice. the only loose hair is the hair on the outter portions of the sections, with an exception of a few that are really loose. they didnt stay locked after i showered and washed my hair. and i did use the word, "tightER" . . . i never said my dreads were all tight, i just noticed a difference between the ones with the bands in comparison to the ones without.... i know theyre a week old and stuffcomes undone, but i'm working with tight knots in themiddle of most dreads. the twist and rip method works really well.so its all good. thanks for posting.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form