Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My dreads!

WeenDogg
@weendogg
13 years ago
37 posts

So i started my neglect dreads a few days before Christmas, although i haven't really been keeping count as I believe if i keep count i will expect to see results at certain milestones such as 1 month, 6 months a year etc I have been washing my hair with Bicarbonate of Soda, and ACV, my scalp does itch..i'm not too sure why but the fact i want dreadlocks gives me enough will power to resist the urge to itch my hair, i do have a little dandruff nothing to major and its not noticeable so i'm not too worried about it. I have noticed that since i started naturally dreading my head it has started to form really tight curls or "Ringlets" as someone said to me at school today, I noticed that when i like stretch my hair out it is actually starting to dread, and i think its going well considering the amount of time i have been doing it for I just feel because my hair is so short there isn't alot i can do with it but it's nothing to bad. I haven't done any with my hair except wash it and separate, I also have noticed that my hair is taking a lot longer to try than it used to although this is probably because I'm scared to be too ruff while towel drying my hair because i don't want to undo any progress. Alot of my friends know that i want dreads and they where expecting me to just come in one day with instant dreads but i explained, not sure if they payed much attention but what ever :P One of my friends was just like your hair looks gross and dirty man to witch i just replied, smell my hair...does it smell dirty to you and he just shut up after that, I know i will get alot of negative comments from people who don't understand, and my friends and family but it just fuels me and makes me want to prove them wrong and show them that when i have my dreads they will be the ones that are saying they where wrong and not me! I stopped using the DreadHeadHQ shampoo, I now use it as like a bubble bath as i was scared that the Radox bubble bath would condition my hair, I have a few beads to put in my hair also, they came free with the dreadheadhq shampoo a while ago :) I think ill wait a few more weeks before i put them in hopefully by then my hair will be abit longer so i can like tie it back or do something with it! Sorry its a long post had a lot to say!:)

Sorry the pictures are bad quality but i thought its time i showed what my hair is like! this was before i got in the bath, i washed them this morning :)

First picture is what i use to wash my hair

the rest are just pictures of my hair sorry they aren't that good but still :D

Peace <3

updated by @weendogg: 01/13/15 08:53:05PM
RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
13 years ago
64 posts

wohoo UK user,

hi man,

use around 30grams to 2-3litres of water, only put a drop of oils in..

i only use ACV every 3-4washes

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

they def were wanting to dread fast thats what 2-3 weeks?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
WeenDogg
@weendogg
13 years ago
37 posts
Yeah thats about 2-3 weeks now man, cant wait! im just waiting for my hair to get alot longer :D Is it normal for my hair to be making really tight curls almost like springs? when you like pull it out you can see from the pictures it is starting to dread?

soaringeagle said:

they def were wanting to dread fast thats what 2-3 weeks?

RootsRasta
@rootsrasta
13 years ago
64 posts

Man you lucky your hair is curly, my hair would not curl,,

to be honest i doubt if i went completley natural if my hair would ever dread :P,, feels that way sometimes

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

akll hair will dread naturally

yea the ringlets are good they'll tighten up into dreads fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form