Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why its important to understand what natural dreads are

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

last time a discussion like this was start4ed there was alot of arguments from people who wanted to call theyre dreads natural even though they wernt anything like that will be deleted not to censure you but just to prevent more arguments

we had a member yesterday ho avoided wax after totaly destroying his brothers dreads (they had to be shaved off) with the knottyboy dread kit

that experience made him want "natural dreads" so not understanding what natural dreads were he went and backcombed and crochetted the hell out of his hair and that that was what natural dreads were

this is the danger that comes with ppl calling all non wax or non synthetic dreads natural

the term loses all meanning and people are easily mislead into believin they can acheive natural dreads by crochet and backcomb

so what are natural dreads?

very simple explanation is natural dreads occur naturally

without being creatted

sometimes without being intended

they are no y made by any starter method

they are not forced to happen only allowed (or not prevented)

there are several shades of natural dreads based on how much or lil control is used freeform organic and neglect are often used interchangable but have subtle differences in hoew lil or much control is put into defining the sections sizes and seperation

those who backcomb twist and rip or crochet or wax dont have natural dreads and these are not ways to start natural dreads

but they are ways to start dreads nobody will deny they are dreads (well maybe waxy candles that never really dread dont qualify) but to add the natural label they have to form naturally..

im not trying to start an argument and like i said any attepts to start 1 will be deleted this is just to claeify so there is no confusion in the future that leads people to crochet when what they desire is natural

namaste

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/14/15 05:35:00AM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts

im pro anything that stops people getting a crochet hook in their hair!

Convos like this always make me want to brush out and start again

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
awww hugs i hope someday crochet is very rare right now its like a pandemic its insane how many ppl think its a good idea

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
no its not an argument its informative so nobody is mistaken about the meanning again

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ok people get this now and understand it

the last time this clarifucation was attempted it sparked 100 posts of arguments hurt feelings and ppl begging to have the thread closed this is niot to stop u from having an opinion just to prevent fighting and arguing none woll be tolerated period if you waznt to post a counterpoint then do so but if that gets out of control and becomes a disruptive argument it will be stopped

its funny cause both of u i believe asked to have the last 1 closed

i am trtying to prevent that by saying that fights will not go on here thats all

now stop trying to start 1

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

i deleted 2 that were just argumentative because like i said theres no reason to be arguiong sand no theres no reason to call them unatural just dreadlocks crocheted dreads backcombed dreads whatever but to add the natural label confuses people into thinking that those are natural as well

just leave the natural out and everythings fine

but that label is added to everything despite the fact they are not at akll and thats why ppl start to think it means anything thats not waxed or anything thsts not synthetic

nobody has to feel inferiur

nobody has to feel fake

just domt use the term incorectly thats all that way nobody ever thinks it means something it doesnt mean

whys that so hard?

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

and let me explain why the special rules which apply to this threwad only

i just dont want it getting out of control like the last 1 so nobody should feel hurt if a post is deleted its nothing against you its just to keep things peaceful and well questioning or arguiing about why its uncool to try to keep things peaceful is just creating an argumentative environment thsats why they were removed..

so keep things constructive and its all good

--
Gabe McCoy
@gabe-mccoy
14 years ago
120 posts
.. Oh my apologies man, I wasn't trying to be argumentative.

soaringeagle said:

i deleted 2 that were just argumentative because like i said theres no reason to be arguiong sand no theres no reason to call them unatural just dreadlocks crocheted dreads backcombed dreads whatever but to add the natural label confuses people into thinking that those are natural as well

but that label is added to everything despite the fact they are not at akll and thats why ppl start to think it means anything thats not waxed or anything thsts not synthetic

nobody has to feel fake

just domt use the term incorectly thats all that way nobody ever thinks it means something it doesnt mean

whys that so hard?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i knoeww u werent neither was maxe but those posts would have very quickly sparked a whole argumentative air and thats why they were removed ..preemptive peace hagha

Gabe McCoy said:
.. Oh my apologies man, I wasn't trying to be argumentative.

soaringeagle said:

nobody has to feel fake

whys that so hard?

--
dreadlockedlady
@dreadlockedlady
14 years ago
39 posts

Why make a thread about it? Especially if you are going to delete posts that you think will start an argument?

I know this will probably get deleted but oh well...

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form