Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ocean+dreads=??

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I live in Florida and I live in New Smyrna Beach, Florida(shark bite capital) and allllll I do is surf. I havnt in a bit bc of my knee but now it's all better. So is it okay to surf with new dreads? I don't wanna mess em up. Any suggestions?!
updated by @katrynn: 03/18/21 01:11:27PM
AJ Weedy
@aj-weedy
14 years ago
4 posts

im so jealous of you

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

theres nothing better fir dreads then the ocean

if all u did was go in the ocean theyd dread better then all the backcombing crocheting waxing palm rolling etc etc etc u could do

the only thing the ocean would do thats bad for dreads is if a shark bit off your head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
Haha good one se!=D

soaringeagle said:

theres nothing better fir dreads then the ocean

if all u did was go in the ocean theyd dread better then all the backcombing crocheting waxing palm rolling etc etc etc u could do

the only thing the ocean would do thats bad for dreads is if a shark bit off your head

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
:p

AJ Weedy said:

im so jealous of you

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
There's a lot of surfers with dreads down here!

Knottysleeves said:

Ocean water is the best thing for dreads! That's why people who don't live near an ocean use saltwater sprays to help encourage their hair to dread.

katrynn
@katrynn
14 years ago
58 posts
I've always wanted to go.. I hear it's fun here

Knottysleeves said:

Yeah, here too. I live on Vancouver Island... the west side of the island has some amazing beaches and a big surfing culture. I've only tried it a couple times, but I got totally hooked right away even though I was only able to stand up on the board a few times without falling. ;-) I'm hoping to save up some money and go to a surf camp next year.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

dreads in modern times broke into mainstream c ulture because surfers who were always in the ocean had so much trouble preventing dreads they gave up and let em happen thats how it began becomming popular outside of spirutual circles possibly even b4 the music scene

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Steaze McGee
@steaze-mcgee
14 years ago
40 posts

I don't live near the ocean. Where do I find salt for my dreads? Or is there a specific kind of salt for them?

Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
14 years ago
17 posts

Steaze McGee said:

I don't live near the ocean. Where do I find salt for my dreads? Or is there a specific kind of salt for them?

seasalt. from the grocery. ive heard some debate over iodized or not, i prefer the most natural i can get. mix it up with hot water and spray or mist it on after a shower.i did it for like the first 2 months but the back of my neck always got itchy hehe
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form