Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

SoaringEagle's video

Robert Jaite
@robert-jaite
14 years ago
6 posts
I was absolutely blown away by the compilation video. SoaringEagle you have outdone yourself. The clips are great and so was the accompanying music.Hope to see moe like it in the future.
updated by @robert-jaite: 01/13/15 08:51:25PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

aww haha thnx and im looking firward to mjaking more as a group project

and that music was dun dun villiage from the gatherings some of the tightest drummers i know

the vid was just over 7 min but the drumming track woulda been over 12 min

its in my music on my page i think or no was too big maybe its on www.rainbowtribe.net

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
i wanna be on one ! I think wer should all record our selves saying www.dreadlockssite.com then send them all to SE and he should edit them in to a long clip lol. and also people talking about locks exlpaining locks#, explaining there reasons and mash them all together so it ends up like 70 people have spoken but its only been one long monologue that sounds like one person could have said it ya know?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome idea so like a script that we assign parts of to alotta ppl i love it

my original idea was pics of ppls timelines quickly progressing from baby to mature dreads

but i think i like your idea better

the mi9x of all the vids and then go into a slideshow with text overlay saying we have over 18,000 pictures of dreads who are loving theyre dreads many of which had to be saved aftyer being harmed by info on other sites or by locticians and salons

so

should we put together a script then?

--
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts

I really like this idea! I'd be willing to help with a script!

We did something like this in the Vagina Monologue, it's very powerful, and the message is clear, that it may be one story, but it is also everyone's story.

I'll try and come up with some ideas, and get back to this thread.

soaringeagle said:

awesome idea so like a script that we assign parts of to alotta ppl i love it

my original idea was pics of ppls timelines quickly progressing from baby to mature dreads

but i think i like your idea better

the mi9x of all the vids and then go into a slideshow with text overlay saying we have over 18,000 pictures of dreads who are loving theyre dreads many of which had to be saved aftyer being harmed by info on other sites or by locticians and salons

so

should we put together a script then?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

awesome i love the idea ill dio some brainstorming too

question would anyone feel ok with doing a part about the mistakes they made with wax and or crochet or anything..

kinda klike we all started off in different places some made alotta mistaskes (being mislead by iother sites) but now are all on a path of recovery to gain healthy dreads that last

--
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts

I dunno what others have come up with, but I decided to come back with some ideas.

First I think we need to decide an AIM for this video, WHY are me making a video about dreads?

Answers I cam up with included "Because it's Cool" (this one kinda reminded me of something Johnny Clean would say, perhaps not the best option), "We want to give perspective dreadheads an educated and unbiased perspective on what it takes to grow healthy and beautiful dreadlocks." (This seems to be on the mark), and finally "Becuase we LOVE our dreads and show them off." (perhaps a lesser AIM than the previous one, but I think they are actually tied together quite a bit, ie. I love my dreads, and I want others who want dreads to love their dreads too)

So with that in mind I went on to brainstorming ideas to keep with the two latter themes discussed above. My favorite idea was to have lots of "my dreads..." statements. So those humans inclined to help in making this "movie" would message SE, or someone else appointed to this role, if SE didn't have the time or energy to do so, with their "my dreads..." statement for approval and editing into the final product. Examples of My dreads statements are "my dreads are all natural, I just threw out the brush, and stopped caring" or "my dreads started with a lie, Johnny clean convinced me I needed wax and stuff to start, but that (insert wax issues here). But not my dreads are wax free, lie free, and naturalized!"). They could be ANYTHING, as there are an uncountable number of features to love about one's dreads, it could be short, or long, ferociously passionate, or goofy... Whatever one wants to make it, it just has to start with "My Dreads..." and possibly have that line in there a few more times, for editing's sake; but most importantly it must be TRUE.

With this method no one would have to read from a script, it would be personal, and honest, which I think will come across in the final product. It frees anyone up from having to write for lots of different people whom they may not know intimately, and people can say exactly how they feel. It gets the message across that dreads don't need anything, people will talk about how they started their dreads, what worked, what didn't, who screwed them over, etc. But it is perhaps a bit more subtle than some other movies. Also, Rather than just having ONE person saying over and over how one doesn't need STUFF to start dreads, it's LOTS of different people actually telling the viewer that they can do this on their own.

Let me know what y'all think about this idea, hate it, love it, changes, improvements (all change should be an improvement), other ideas?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

puuuurfect

in fact we will call it.. my dreads many stories 1 truth

and i think it desserves a whole new discussion started to pull it all together

let me check on the max length of time we got maybe might need a 2 or more paty movie we'll see lets do it

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

ok max length of a vids 10 min so im guessing wed gio over 19 and under 20 ?

well depends on how many ppl wanna add to it

--
Rae
@rae
14 years ago
74 posts

Oh Wow! you sure? I'm not offended by any changes that need to be made. Perhaps, once we start a new thread people will have ideas to add. (I feel pretty cool right now)

I agree though, we should start a new thread to discuss this. It should be pretty easy for lots of people to do, with Webcams on so many computes these days, and they don't have to do any editing, just send the recorded file to who ever edits it all together.
soaringeagle said:

puuuurfect

in fact we will call it.. my dreads many stories 1 truth

and i think it desserves a whole new discussion started to pull it all together

let me check on the max length of time we got maybe might need a 2 or more paty movie we'll see lets do it

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form