Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting Dreads: Non-residue Shampoo

Giuliano Pagano
@giuliano-pagano
15 years ago
55 posts
So I was at the local drugstore today looking for some residue free shampoo for the first time (Just beginning to get dreadlocks) and couldn't find any, so I asked the lady as cosmetics and she told me that a lot of people with dreadlocks that she knows use baby shampoo because that its residue free, so I bought the baby free shampoo and am about to go take a shower, anyways... my question is, is baby shampoo a good choice? Or should I be using something more my age?
updated by @giuliano-pagano: 01/13/15 08:26:26PM
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolits probably just watered down "grown-up" shampoo.I recommend Dr. Bronners. If you cant find it order it online. While you wait use SE's baking soda rinse. He'll follow up with details im sure.Use the bronners at a 1 to 12 ratio and I add baking soda to it for dandruff control.If the shampoo you have has more than like 4 ingredients in it it is not residue free.But actually let me know the brand and I'll check it out cause I am curious and I am in the middle of writing a huge salespage that I would love a mindless break from lol
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
its probly fineif i was gonna use a regular shampoo it would be nutragena daily clarifyingbutdr bronners 18 in 1 magic soap if u dilute it top 12-1 is greatbest clean u can gert though is home made...baking sodaread the few baking soda threads in products

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
15 years ago
292 posts
lolcalled it soaringeagle said:
its probly fine
if i was gonna use a regular shampoo it would be nutragena daily clarifying
but
dr bronners 18 in 1 magic soap if u dilute it top 12-1 is great
best clean u can gert though is home made...baking soda
read the few baking soda threads in products
MountainWillow
@mountainwillow
15 years ago
141 posts
I have actually heard of some dread heads using baby shampoo, but I am not sure which brand. I am sure that any typical baby shampoo may not be what you want. Dr. Bronners is usually pretty easy to find in the US at your local health food or health concious store, otherwise I 2nd using baking soda and a bit of TTO is waaay easy and gets the job accomplished. Its really yummy with herbs and your favorite essential oils.
Erin Joy Lauzon
@erin-joy-lauzon
15 years ago
15 posts
I've also heard of dreadheads using baby shampoo, but you know, i think any shampoo that says 'clarifying' is res free, i know neutrogena makes a clarifying shampoo thats pretty easy to find
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
the baking soda is extra gentle on baby dreads cause u dont scrub u just pour on and let soak then rince

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
If it works and is residue free then there is no problem with using baby shampoo. I had no idea it was residue free lol
Onyx
@onyx
13 years ago
3 posts

Baby Shampoo is a great 'everyday' shampoo, but I don't recommend washing your hair everyday to anyone, regardless of dreads. Cost ranges from $2 - $4 USD.

If you really want to do a DEEP CLEANING there is Nuetrogena Residue-Free Shampoo, but I don't recommend using that more than 3-4 times per month, b/c it really works.

http://tinyurl.com/BabyShampoo

http://tinyurl.com/NeutrogenaShampoo

Both items can be found at any local drugstore or you could go to the Walmart on Dougall Ave. (I cheated and looked it up. I'm in FL though.)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form