Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Head and shoulders shampoo question.

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Can your hair dread if you use Head and shoulders? By this I mean can your hair go through the neglect process if you wash your hair with H&S? So far that seems like the only thing that makes my dandruff go away. Or does H&S slow the process. Also when I use H&S I can go a week without dandruff or washing my hair....so is it still possible to go the neglect style this way?
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 03:31:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its very conditioning i would not use ithave u tried baking soda acv teatree rosemary peopermint and a cold cold rinse?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah man I've tried that, I have like chucks of dandruff. Not very attractive you know. Even this Teatree shampoo I got that's for irritated and flaky scalp ain't working. I'm even getting like red sores on my ears and around my scalp. So....Idk what to do.

soaringeagle said:
its very conditioning i would not use it
have u tried baking soda acv teatree rosemary peopermint and a cold cold rinse?
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Lol it's not Eczema, when I wash with head and shoulders I don't get dandruff for a whole week. Like I can go a week without washing my hair...nasty but true.Yeah I rinse all the baking soda out I rinse my hair in cold ass water for like 5 minutes and run my fingers to make sure it's all out. I don't have a allergic reaction because I tested the oils on my skin before using it. Soooo.....Idk man. I'm just lost. Maybe dreading ain't for everyone lol.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
I personally love H&S (regardless of the nay-sayers) and the way I look at it, if it caused your hair to knot up pre- dreads, then it's just fine for dreads even if you're going the neglect route. Though to save on shampoo, and to make it easier to rinse out, make sure that you're diluting it in water just like you would the bs mix.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I was actually thinking about that, thought it'd work since it's such a conditioner, add more water to balance it out

Faelwynn said:
I personally love H&S (regardless of the nay-sayers) and the way I look at it, if it caused your hair to knot up pre- dreads, then it's just fine for dreads even if you're going the neglect route. Though to save on shampoo, and to make it easier to rinse out, make sure that you're diluting it in water just like you would the bs mix.
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
I would think this way.... is your hair dreading all fine and dandy??? If it is and it isn't hindering your process, and you're scalp feels better, then if it ain't broke don't fix it :)
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
your, not you're lol... far too drunk for grammar :P
jarvis zawistowski
@jarvis-zawistowski
13 years ago
31 posts
im using head and shoulders it's the only one i have access to would it be good enough?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

it will make your dreads fall apart unless they are really msature

theres way better options that you do have access to like baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus