Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Well hello :)

Laura2
@laura2
14 years ago
3 posts
I've been contemplating dreads for awhile now, mostly bc I don't want to jeopardize getting a job, but I stumbled upon this site & tried the twist & rip method and in my opinion, it worked pretty darn well! I didn't expect it to at all for some reason, mainly it being my first try... I don't know how to finish up the ends and it's way frizzy, but I expected that... I read on here some where about aloe or something? If anyone could give me any tips on how to finish the end that would be appreciated :) I tried looking around here but I don't have the hang of the forum yet... I tried "tip rolling" and even tried tucking it up but it's not working :-/But over all my lil dread is tight and I like it...
updated by @laura2: 01/13/15 08:49:47PM
Laura2
@laura2
14 years ago
3 posts
Oh alrighty then! Sounds good... I just have one for now lol... kind of random XD and I read on another site that I can wash them but only with no residue shampoo... if I finish the rest of my hair, should I wait a certain time before I wash them or can I wash them soon?
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
a lot of my tips rounded on their own. i think it had to do with the length and rubbing on my shoulders. the rest of them i rounded by rubbing the tip on my flattened palm. Imagine your dread held like a pencil and your palm is a piece of paper,draw little circles. i like the scratchy tickly feel on my hand. took a long time to happen about a year. It is something i did when i was sitting at a red light or bored waiting somewhere. Many people keep the ends loose. Loose ends wick the water and can help your hair dry faster. It is really just a personal choice. but like Knottysleeves said it won't work on baby dreads.
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
its great! dont worry about it...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
6 seperate if they eat eachother7 enjoy the ride and welcome to the family8 let the rest dread up naturally

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Laura2
@laura2
14 years ago
3 posts
Thanks for all the advice! I took the rubber bands out pretty much right after... the pic I put up only has the one at the end and that was before I read I could just leave them loose :) I'm rubberband-less! I just used them to keep it from unraveling, they've held up when I get to the end but not in the middle. I made another small one on the opposite side for practice... it turned out better
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
with twist and rip u get better with each 1 it takes lil getting used to the techniquethats why its best to start underneath outta sight and work round from therebut in the long run it wont mattermaking them better today wont make em better in 6 months it just makes kt look better todayin 6 months u wont be able to tell wich were sloppy and which were neat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form