Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats a fella supposed to do

Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
Hey ya'll,So i am not even a month into having thrown the pick away but right quick i wanted to know: Is there such a thing as "over conditioning"? Meaning, i use olive oil everyday to keep my hair moisturized cause it for damn sure needs it. (Halfrican) yet im begining to think maybe this can impede begining progress somewhat...?? Perhaps cut down to twice a week when shampooing..? Any takers..?
updated by @thundersquall: 01/13/15 08:49:45PM
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
14 years ago
393 posts
Yes, you can over condition dreadlocks to the point where it actually impedes the development of dreadlocks.If your hair doesn't need to be moisturized everyday, cut back to when ever it is actually needed.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yes thats way overkill and olive oil especualy is too thickswitch to jojoba and just a lil tiny but when u washand not washing every day will help u not strip it so muchalsowarm wash cold rinse seals in moisturewhat do u wash with that might dry u too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
14 years ago
235 posts
I was using Mane N tails shampoo for awhile but i am expecting a dread soap bar from Maylee anytime now in the mail. Im kinda looking forward to trying that. I tend to rinse with warm water but never finish with cold ill have to try that.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
you;ll love mayleesand warm water opens pores but also opens the hairs cuticles (scale like outter covering of hairs)open pores clean out oil buildup and dirtopen cuticles allow moistire penetrationcold water closes everything upclosed pores no over production of oilsclosed cuticles seal in the moisture that penetrated so they dont dry out as much

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form