Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS & ACV Not Good For Me

Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
The last 3 times I washed with BS and ACV, I dry my dreads and there are more flakes and cakey white things left on my scalp than before washing. I'm rinsing really well with purified/cold water...I don't get it.What else can I do?I don't like the Dr. Bronner's either.I've been having to use my shampoo from before dreading my hair: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Shampoo...it's all natural with a bunch of different oils and such...but I don't know if this is good or bad. I mean, it got the residue out both times and I feel clean...but I'm not sure if I should just start with that next time and forget about the BS & ACV.Any suggestions? Anyone familiar with the Aubrey Organics products? I use their facewash, face lotion, and deodorant as well. All natural.
updated by @katie2: 02/14/15 09:11:05AM
Kaitelyn
@kaitelyn
14 years ago
17 posts
im experiencing the same thing, last time i used BS/ACV + tea tree oil, i got angry red spots all over my scalp.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
i love Aubrey's products! i use their skin care products daily and i've tried there BGA Protein + Strengthening Shampoo before dreads. i think the shampoos are wonderful and would be fine for dreadlocks. i've heard other people rave about them on other forums. the one i want to try it the Calaguala Fern Treatment Shampoo and the Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo . both are supposed to remove build up. i haven't been able to find them locally though so i might order some on their website.
Heather
@heather
14 years ago
1,291 posts
forgot to say....i'm not having the best experience using bs/acv too. i wonder if our hard water could be the reason. i always need to use some other regular shampoo to remove the flakiness left behind. maybe bs/acv isn't for everyone.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
are u useing the ooils teatree and rosemary how long asre u soaking in bs and acv and are u rinsing between the 2

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Soaking about 10 min with BS and about 3-5 with ACV. Yes to teatree oil, no to rosemary. Yes I rinse between the two with cold purified water (we have hard water at home).

soaringeagle said:
are u useing the ooils teatree and rosemary how long asre u soaking in bs and acv and are u rinsing between the 2
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Well, the Aubrey seemed to make my hair a little too silky and they are not as knotted now since I washed yesterday.Any suggestions?Also, anyone else feel like hair is ruined after washing? Each time I wash, I'm always panicked after because my knots seemed to have slipped at the roots. Whatever was knotting at the roots before washing is ruined after washing. But by the next time I wash, they're fine. I just panic each time because I seem to forget that my hair will dread no matter what. Anyone have this experience??

Alessandra said:
I lurve Aubrey Organics! I didn't think their shampoos would work for me now since I just started and it tends to make my hair super silky...but if it works for you then I would say go for it!
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Wow, thanks for your reply.What do you currently use for wash then?

Heather said:
forgot to say....i'm not having the best experience using bs/acv too. i wonder if our hard water could be the reason. i always need to use some other regular shampoo to remove the flakiness left behind. maybe bs/acv isn't for everyone.
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
I've tried that before too, same thing. It's not so much that it feels irritated, its just really caked on there, no matter how much I move my fingers around my scalp and rinse and stuff.I was told to do 10 min. here on this site...

Knottysleeves said:
Soaking for 10 minutes could be irritating your scalp... that's a pretty long soak for a regular wash. Baking soda is caustic. Have you tried rinsing it out after just a couple minutes?
Katie2
@katie2
14 years ago
40 posts
Okay, so it seems that the Aubrey Organics does affect my progress....what suggestions do you have?
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form