Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Threaded Tips?

Mark
@mark
14 years ago
22 posts
Hey, I saw a guy walking around uni today who also had dreadlocks, but I didn't get much of a chance to speak to him as I was already late to my next class. His locks were fantastic, but one thing I did notice was that he had sewn thread into his unblunted tips? It's hard to explain, but it appeared as though he had thread of some sort just above the open ends... maybe to keep them from unravelling or something? Although his locks were quite mature..Do any of you guys know why this might be, or if it would be beneficial? Cheers!
updated by @mark: 01/13/15 08:48:59PM
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Maybe just decoration :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
sounds silly to me

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
I haven't a clue. If his dreads were already mature or maturing, there'd be no reason at all to tie them up in anything. ...Actually, there's no point at which tying up hair is necessary. I don't think it'd be that beneficial, unless you don't mind thread in your hair.
Mark
@mark
14 years ago
22 posts
I'm thinking maybe he had sewn it in when his locks were just starting out, to keep them from unravelling or something? Not sure. It looked kind of cool though haha
Loleia
@loleia
14 years ago
16 posts
some times this is done when you have large loops that you dont want. you can take the thread out later but most people i see with it cant be bothered.
Cage Free
@cage-free
14 years ago
41 posts
From what I can tell, it's a fairly common form of decoration. Personally I love thread wrapped dreads. I think they're beautiful.
Loleia
@loleia
14 years ago
16 posts
wraped and threaded are 2 different things. one is for decoration just like beads and done with contrasting colours, while threading is done to match in with the dread to get rid of loops.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form