Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello there

Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
I am SOOO glad I found this site when I did... I'd just started dreading last Tuesday and my ex having been duped into the whole Dreadheadhq trap, was my inspiration for method....... I had already made two via backcomb and wax (Beeswax mind..... screw paying their ridiculous prices!)..... then having read all I've read here I thought "maybe not..." and ditched the beeswax.....So then I made a couple of twist n rip ones, and then further reading persuaded me that my hair would probably like me a lot better if I let it do its own thing :)So three days of ditchin the hairbrush later, and already i can see the shape of dreads to come at the ends of my hair. its quite fascinating actually, the organicness of seeing how my hair knows where it wants them to be! How long do you think it will take for those shapes to reach to the top of my head?Also I have thick but quite fine and soft hair... do you think that might affect its ability to matt? Another question, I have been using normal shampoo, neutragena mostly as thats supposed to remove residue..... does normal shampoo REALLY have as bad an effect as Jonnyclean states, or is he just trying to flog his stupidly expensive shampoo???
updated by @fay-brotherhood: 01/13/15 08:48:39PM
Shuaib ahmed
@shuaib-ahmed
14 years ago
154 posts
Good to hear your going to go natural!!! the best thing to do is get the dr bronners tea tree oil shampoo its organic and great for your hair....people keep smelling my hair xD or get the bar soap from dr bronners.also remember to dilute the shampoo with 12 times more water, so if you use like a tenth of the shampoo mix it with 12 times amount that of water.hope this helped, gd luck dreading!!!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well some shampoos are horible for dreadsv some just cause buildup which isnt good but they will still dreaddr bronners is great but u do not want the dr bronners sold for hair so saying dr bronners shampoo is wrong u want the 18 in 1 magic soapbut..in some water it will not rinse well at allso it might not work for uin any case ..baking soda and acv out cleans any shampooits cheap as helland easy to customize with herbs to suite your exact hair and scalp needsalso the maylees garden bar in our shops here are heavenly ..some ppl with the same water that wont rince bronners have said mayless leaves residue but for me it rinses out incredibly easily with zero residuesif your hairs dreading with normal shampoo then it wants to dread u just might get a buildupnutragena does remove residues but leaves a residue too its for removing built up conditioners and crapoh..before u do anything tho u will want to undo those waxy dreads and get that nasty wax out

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Fay Brotherhood
@fay-brotherhood
14 years ago
59 posts
Thanks guys, yes I think I will have a go at all those things mentioned. Luckily it was only two that got waxed, and then only once, so do you think I can get it out without undoing them?
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
^probably. washing with dish soap is also a pretty awesome fix.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form