Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hey, I'm new and searching for advice

JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
Soo yeah, I started my dreads on Sunday, and I feel like I need to wash my hair soon. But I have no idea what to wash them with. Any suggestions? I'm thinking of getting the neutrogena anti-residue shampoo, but is it any good? Heeeeellllp.
updated by @jennaeatsravioli: 02/14/15 05:53:46AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
how did u start the dreads?and go into your kitchen find baking soda use that (search the site for baking soda for a recipie)nutragenea anti residiue is a good 1 as a predreawd prep to strip away residues but its not a non resisdue soap it leaves its iwn residues and isnt the best for dreadsoptions are baking soda ..best clean u can get and cheapest and gentlest on young dreadsdr bronners diluted or maylees bar both tho have left residues in hard water so depending where u live they may not be great (mayless bars in out shops here)the other well known ones are ok but i woulddnt support those companies at alli recomend boycotting them in factthe cheapest easiest to find and use is backing soda so might wanna go into your kitchen and use that now

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
I started by backcombing them and right now I don't have any rubber bands to keep them in place, so I'm just like tying little knots at the ends. That's probably not good, isn't it?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u dont want rubber bands in at all tring knots ist great but wont harm ya too much u should just leave em be though they w]ill unravel thats normal but they will dread anywaybackcombings well known to fall apart more times then not twist and rips generaly alot more effective but can fall apart toothe good news is u never had to backcomb and they will dread even if they completely go back to straight hair 1st

--
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
Oh! That's awesome. Is there any way I can hide dreads easy? I put them to the side, and put them in a side ponytail. The reason why is because my mom doesn't want me to :/
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ah well tams wraps buns but there will be a time where they wont be hidable and u will just have to stand up for what u believe in and so u might want to just start educating her we have a group for kids of unsuportive patrents as well as 1 for parents and kids who dread together we have mommas babies and grandmoms with dreads here so you will have all the support u need and can help dismiss alot of your moms fears

--
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
She just hates them flat out, she says theyre stinky and just gross. But she's the one who says never judge a book by its cover.And my boyfriend wants to start his dreads soon, his hair is about to at his shoulders, and do you know of any natural hemp clothing stores online?
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
14 years ago
217 posts
i don't mind using the neutrogena anti residue on my dreads soooometimes. i used it in the beginning for a few weeks and i still use it every now and then when i'm out of bar soap. i use the mayless bar soaps from the girl on here and i totally love them. i've treid three different ones and they are all amazing and reasonably priced as well, at like 4 bucks a bar, which lasts for a lot of washings. http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&sc_id=59611&seller_id=12013&op=new
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
oh well there u go use the heavenly smelling maylees bar and then when she notices you got dreads stick a dread under her nose and make her take a whiff .. tell her her bias is totaly based on a lie and that dreads are very clean ands do9 not stink at all unless they used wax and they started to rottheres some amazing clothes in our shops here my dear freind anmy makes some amazing clothes just click the dread shops link in the menu

--
JennaEatsRavioli
@jennaeatsravioli
14 years ago
14 posts
Jessica: Thanks for the information! :) Do I have to buy the mayless bar soap online?SoaringEagle: Haha I just might after I get my dreadsa smelling like heaven! And that's awesome!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form