Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

about to start my lock journey but I'm in need of your tips and advice

David E Glazai
@david-e-glazai
14 years ago
23 posts
hello everyone, I've been growing my hair for about 5 months now (I'm only at about 2.5 or 3 inches bcuz I went balled bfor starting) but anyway, I wjus wanted to know wher to begin if I wanted to free form (how long my hair needs to be and how can I make the sections??) or I wus also interested in semi free-forming but I'm not sure how long of hair I need to get my first twistand I also want my dreads really thick (alot thicker than usual) so I wanna kno what's the best method and approximately how many sections I need to start withyour advice of any sort will be greatly appreciated and if you live in the dc metro/md area please recommend me some good natural/organic locticians that I can visit, thanksthis is me now

updated by @david-e-glazai: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u do not want twists at all if u wantr thick dreads just let it dread and u can start todayit will section itself but if the sections get too huge seoerate themtheres no way to twist thick dreads and it would be a very bad idea to go to a locticianthe less u seperate the thicker your dreads will be so just let it dreadyou need to do nothing to define the secyions ecxcept pull apart sections u dont want growing togetherlook at hummingbird love gorrilla on here he does no seperating at all and has wild thick crazy dreadshow many sections should you have? well that depends on how many sections u end up with and that numvber will change year after year with dresds combining and new dreads being bornbut 20 or less is real thick 20-40 average 40-60 thin 60-200 really thin 200+ micro

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
David E Glazai
@david-e-glazai
14 years ago
23 posts
^ that's very tru but the thing is my hair gets very flat when I go to sleep at nite so I'm forced to comb it in the morning and this cyble doean't ever stop so I dont kno how to truly begin and jus let my hair do their thing without combin it or worrying bout it bein flat, I thought bout wrappin it at nite to go to sleep but I'm not sure wut to wrap it wit
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the going flat is compression it helps it dread but can flatten it into a dread helmet that becomes a unidread so in the morn dont comb it feel for the sections clumping together and seperate em from one another into more defined sectionshow thick are u thinking cause i usualy dont recomend over an inch but some who like "thicker then usual" might go way outside that into huge dreads

--
David E Glazai
@david-e-glazai
14 years ago
23 posts
not too thick about half or 3/4of an inchmaybe somthin like this

or this

updated by @david-e-glazai: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
haha w3ell murs has that 1 massive dread thats like 3 inches or 4 evenbut the rest well just seperate em the size u wanti started out with maybe 75 thin ones 1-3 thick onesthey multiplied to around 230 b4 i decided to stop seperating entirelynow as many as 6 combined into 1 all over so theyre about an inch in most places nowi only seperate any that are larger then thati sam definately enjoying not seperating anymore

--
David E Glazai
@david-e-glazai
14 years ago
23 posts
^ well that is my biggest problem, I don't know how to seperate them into sections especially with hair as short as mine, dat is why I wus thinkin bout gettin em twisted at least once bfor free-formin em, but if you have any tips on how to seperate short hair correctly (hair btwn 2-3 inches long) please let me kno or jus let me kno if I need to keep growin my hair for a lil while longer first
owen thompson
@owen-thompson
14 years ago
19 posts
SE is right about all the things he's said...i was in the same boat as you, well kinda still am...i grew my hair from bald too and when i sleep it kinda compresses so i just feel around with my fingers and not twist but kinda keep em seperated... i dont have any really defined dreads yet so to speak but they are starting to show some progress...i also want thick dreads, thought it was funny wen i saw ur pic of jason momoa cuz looking at his dreads is what made me want (thicker dreads)..you just gotta trust in your hair n let it do its thing...Bless*
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form