Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

So it's been a month and one day !

nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
I lovelovelove my hair <33333333 anyway :)I've decided to section out my bangs and continue styling them until they are comfortably long for me to turn into dreads (if I want to in the end)The rest of my hair was dreaded a month ago using backcombing and palmrolling method, since then I've done nothing but rip the dreads apartI wear a tam constantly because my hair is a huge mess. I have a lot of loose hair but I'm not worried about it at all - kinda looks cool for now ;)I don't like to wear it to sleep though, just cos i like to see how they turn out in the morning lol. is it true that tams help with knotting? I just don't know why it would because a lot of you guys said putting it in a ponytail or something doesnt help, and I just feel like a tam is doing even more restricting then a ponytail :sAll of my dreads are completely flat though. I know they round out on their own, I'm just wondering what was your experience? how long did it take for them to round?I wash my hair 2-3 times a week and I just use a bar of tea tree oil and spray sea salt water in my hair maybe once a week (heard it dries out black hair). i couldnt find any rosemary stuff and my mom told me baking soda would leave residue on my hair or something. is it true?i added a couple pictures of the progress so far - and i showed one of my flat dreads. what do you think? am i doing good? :):)
updated by @nini: 01/13/15 08:47:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
your doing great and baking soda will not leave a residue when mixed with water it turns to gasses

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
they look like knotted hair, just where they should be for a month! :o) I bet in the next couple of months they are really going to take off. I can't wait to see them down the road when they progress. Don't worry about the flat ones, I have lots of those underneath. At 6 months mine are just starting to fold up on themselves and round off a little. Keep us updated!
nini
@nini
14 years ago
19 posts
thanks guys, i used baking soda last night and it wasn't bad :Pwhat about beads... you think i can put em on??
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form