Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

First week, no more wax, going natural

Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
I had a friend backcomb and use copious amounts of wax about a month ago. I got half my head done and then read all the stuff on here about wax. I ended up combing out the dreads and removing the wax. Now I am ready to let them form naturally with no wax or backcombing. I just want to make sure I am getting this right... so all I do is.... nothing, right? Just wash every few days, towel dry hair, and go, correct? Do I need to section my hair at all, or will the dreads section naturally? Also what is the best thing to use to wash hair with while starting the dread process? I read something about baking soda but couldn't find the recipe. Also, Dr. Bronners something? Is this a product that you buy?
updated by @dane-mcmillen: 01/13/15 08:46:38PM
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
first of all, congrats on goin natural :) and getting all that wax out, i personally found this site before i bought wax, so i think i got lucky..anyhooi just started like a week ago, and i use 2 qts of water with about half a cup of baking soda, pour the mixture over my head. let it sit and soak for 10 minutes, then make another mixture and dump it again, then sit for 5 minutes in the shower or whatnot, then rinse. i dont towel dry because i've heard it can undo tangles that were made in the shower. i do it every 2 or 3 days. it really sections itself, but you can pull to "sections" apart if you don't want it that thick..alot of ppl dilute dr. bronners cuz its concentrated or something like that..hope this helps
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
thats a lil strong the baking soda u want a tablespoon per cup 1/3 cup per gallondr bronners is an amazing super concentrated soap u dilute it 12 times more water then soapbut some water types (hard water i think) it wont rince well at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
Can I get Dr Bronners at the local store or do I need to order it on line?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u can get it at tons of places the online shop i think had a store finder

--
Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
Thanks a lot guys. I just noticed a clump of hair that knotted up already! It got me excited. haha. I like this way a lot better. It's exciting and fun. After washing I tend to shake my hair a lot, like a dog. Is this ok or is it better to not shake when the hair is wet?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i shake mine out too its better then towel drying

--
Julie Ellis
@julie-ellis
14 years ago
76 posts
ooh, so half a cup for 2 qts???
Dane McMillen
@dane-mcmillen
14 years ago
24 posts
So this is my first week. When I wash my hair I towel dry it and shake it and it kinda just looks like one big clump of knots. Is this normal?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form