Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

why hellooo. [+pics/questions/opinions wanted] :) *poofs away in puff of purple smoke*

Toroymoi
@toroymoi
14 years ago
6 posts
Howdy.I began my natural dreading journey 9/12/10!First I went to the salon. Big mistake. Waste of money, time, and I totally regret it. I washed out all the products and had normal straight hair again. On the 12th I began with just natural sectioning by myself with twist and rip. I decided that it's my favorite method (almost a little addicting) and I've been continuing the method to get as far to the tips as I can (which is kind of difficult since my hair is not that long I guess).And I'd just like to say THANK YOU for telling me the truth about wax. I read a few threads on the cons a few days after I ordered some! It was delivered today so now I have once again wasted my money *sigh*.. perhaps I can find another use for it? Like something evil perhaps. :pSo the only product I've used is aloe vera. I've started doing sea salt soaks by dipping each dread in a 16 oz bottle and them pulling them out with my fingers to get most of the water out.. it seems like a really easy way to soak :)And please be honest entirely. I've seen plenty and plennnty of photos of dreadlocks, but I still am not really sure how mine are doing since they are new. I've read that once you do your method it's good to just let them do as they please.. which I find very reassuring since mine are giving me a bit of a funny lumpy frizzhead.One thing I'm a still little confused on is palm rolling. Is it at all necessary, or will they naturally round the same as if I had palm rolled? Perhaps it just helps the process? I've attempted rolling with aloe but it doesn't really seem productive at all.I've used some rubber bands temporarily to keep the sections apart so that twist and rip is easier. I plan to remove them today (they've only been in a few days) so I can still have movement near my scalp. :)My normal hair

2nd day

First wash with Dr. Bronner's (only waited 4 days but they stayed in)

Today, at 11 days

:P

updated by @toroymoi: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ok 1st lemme get this annotying lil bit out of the way its gotta be said but i appologize for sayin it\cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!!ok now that thats over with we can get back to business\they look fantasticthe relative shortness may give i trouble but as they grow they will fdread fine..dont use aloed unless u really gotta its conditioning so use it just if u get too dry or really need to look tidy for a formal affairand only use aloe thats only aloe nothing else..zero other ingredients..just cause it says 100% pure dont mean it iscongrats cant wait to see em long and beautiful

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hazzim
@hazzim
14 years ago
18 posts
hey nice locs..... palm rolling helps in the process of round/cylinder shape...... but they will look manufactured.... if you leave them as they are the process will take longer and the shapes will be more natural... with bumps, loops thin spots, etc (still cylinder shape) .... i think that`s for you to decide....That`s what i know.... maybe there`ll be better answers... haha sorry if my enlgish is wierd... i speak spanish so .... you know what i mean,,, loved your hat. haha. see ya
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
well palm rolling really doesnt do anything (unless your using wax then it makes candles no drewading happens but u cram hair into wax and it looks dreaded)its good exzcersize u will get sore armsbut it does nothing at all to help dreasds dread

--
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
Id take the bands out. they arent going to do anything but get stuck in there and rot
Toroymoi
@toroymoi
14 years ago
6 posts
Took them out earlier today so the dreads can move freely.. AciDreams said:
Id take the bands out. they arent going to do anything but get stuck in there and rot
Thanks for the comments everyone :D and award. That's so nice of youuuThat helps a lot.. because I was thinking like.. how would you even palm roll without product? haha, so that makes sense that you'd only palm roll if you were using something like wax..Also, how often do I need to touch up the roots (like circular motions, etc.)? It's probably mentioned in other topics.. so I'll check that too.I'll limit the aloe to when I need it.. it all makes sense now because the aloe didn't seem to have an affect.. apart from moisturizing and hardening the tips temporarily.. so I'll make salt soaks my main helper..
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u nevrer have to touch the roots and shouldnt only thing is u should seperate often so they dont grow together

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form