Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Greetings, Best Beloveds!!

Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
I'm new here - and excited about the Journey we all share :)I've done a combination of things to start my locks - you can read about that in other areas of the forum, on on my blog.I have a question -Concerning wraps and beads, etc.I have some tings I'd like to start hanging from my hair.I was planning on using fibers from my yucca plants to weave thru my locks. or sinew i have collected.The question is..Do hair wraps promote growth of bacteria inside locks?Is it bad to leave bindings on ya hair for a long time?Cheers!-eVa
updated by @eva-deva: 01/13/15 08:46:30PM
Lisandre Tessier
@lisandre-tessier
14 years ago
17 posts
Hmmm... They might take longer to dry, but... Promote bacteria? ... Never thought of that!I've had hair wraps in my hair for a while, and never had problems. Also, I've seen one I made on a friends dread last all summer. He had no problem at all with it :)Just be sure to not tie your hair up when it's wet (takes longer to dry). That should do the trick!I wish you luck!
Lex
@lex
14 years ago
217 posts
how old are your locks? the only potentially dangerous thing about wraps is the fact that your hair may decide to swallow them up and never let them go.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ive had hemp wraps in for 5 yearsthe 1 thing tho istheyre tightso dreads will be squishedthe new growth at the rots will be thicker..lots thicker

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
My wild imagination took me on a trip - and told me a dirty rumour that as the Binding Agent, be it hemp, or plant, or sinew, naturally decomposes over time, the rotted material would get sucked inside the dreddie and thus fester away in to some new and strange life of its own...some alienistic microbial creature with a stinky ass, perhaps... *shrieks*but yes :) i've left the vast majority of mi dreds un-blunted, and un-tethered to dry after washins...nothin to fear but fear itself!thanks for the response! Lisandre Tessier said:
Hmmm... They might take longer to dry, but... Promote bacteria? ... Never thought of that!
I've had hair wraps in my hair for a while, and never had problems. Also, I've seen one I made on a friends dread last all summer. He had no problem at all with it :)
Just be sure to not tie your hair up when it's wet (takes longer to dry). That should do the trick!
I wish you luck!
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
they're under a year old - so newborns, really...thanks for the tip - i'll keep a close eye on the situation and be sure to notice if my hairs turn cannibalistic...maybe if i keep them fed they won't resort to consuming all my personal effects? Lex said:
how old are your locks? the only potentially dangerous thing about wraps is the fact that your hair may decide to swallow them up and never let them go.
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
oO!!! i like it!!! sort of like Elemental or Organic Braile!!! AWESOME!!!thanks for the response! soaringeagle said:
ive had hemp wraps in for 5 years
the 1 thing tho is
theyre tight
so dreads will be squished
the new growth at the rots will be thicker..lots thicker
Eva Deva
@eva-deva
14 years ago
36 posts
Organic Prayer Beads, even!!! dang... Eva Deva said:
oO!!! i like it!!! sort of like Elemental or Organic Braile!!! AWESOME!!!
thanks for the response!

soaringeagle said:
ive had hemp wraps in for 5 years
the 1 thing tho is
theyre tight
so dreads will be squished
the new growth at the rots will be thicker..lots thicker
AciDreams
@acidreams
14 years ago
39 posts
Just use wool. Its best in this situation