Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
This is my introduction, I am a noob to the site. I am not a noob to dreading though.This is my second round of dreads, I had dreads for just 3 short years the first time around and shaved it in 2005 when they got heavy (in my ignorance I used wax the first time around, only a little, but it lead to their demise).I missed my dreads so much I decided to go again, now that my hair is longer, this time I'm doing it right.Light backcombing and neglect and I'm 4 months in, I discovered this forum site while looking for tips on dreadies and the rest is history.Here's pix, the first one is my dreads first time around about a year before I cut them off.Second pic is my dreads 3 weeks in as they were starting to get loops and bends.
updated by @tatyananashi: 01/13/15 08:45:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they look better at 3 weeks then the 1st set did at 2 yearscute pic tho ;)can u tell theyre dreading faster?its surprising u say u cut them due to the wax weight when they were barely shoulder length and mine wax free are past my toes and the weights no bid g deal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
@soaringeagle - Yes dreading SOOOO much faster this time around with no product or maintenance.With wax it *looks* dreaded but you pull it apart and it's just waxy bunches of hair. Gross. But without wax it's full knots and matting up quickly.I have more knots in my hair at now 4 months than I did at 3 years with the wax. I know cuz I saved the dreads in a plastic baggie and took them out to compare. (I'm not crazy) lolThe wax made them heavy, because my hair is about the same length now that it was back then and it's very light except when wet.@Knottysleeves - you should see it now, that was at 3 weeks and now they're just crazy. I'm lazy but when I take pix of them at 4 months now I'll post. I don't maintain at all, I don't even rip congos unless one in the back tries to suck in one from the front or side and it starts to feel like I'm wearing a huge hat. Some start to get little piggy tails (the first cirly end we saw we named piggy) and it's so cute but it lasts like 2 days then it becomes a blunted end, so they're definitely doing someting. Pretty good for straight, fine hair.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
jonny cleans been talking to us about wax alot lately yea he came to our site to learn about how bad his wax is..lol but u gotta post exactly what u just did in that thread (its the only 1 gooing over 300 posts now)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
tatyananashi
@tatyananashi
14 years ago
145 posts
I definitely will, I regretted using wax on my first set for so many reasons, not just the weight or the delay in my knots. I'll give him an ex-customer's review. soaringeagle said:
jonny cleans been talking to us about wax alot lately yea he came to our site to learn about how bad his wax is..lol but u gotta post exactly what u just did in that thread (its the only 1 gooing over 300 posts now)
sourabh thakur
@sourabh-thakur
14 years ago
83 posts
Hey welcome homethis site is really a treasure of informationenjoy it
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form