Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

when i started my dreads (rant)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
things were alot less confusing then, we didnt need a site like this cause we had no sites misinforming us1st off back then a 25 mhz computer was average upgrading to a 75 mhz was top of the linei had to rebuild my pc just to upgrade from windows 3.1 to 95 and be able to load a single webpage in under an hourwhen i 1st got online never bothered looking up info on dreads cause already had dreads for years..in fact the 1st site i looked up was on the rainbow gatherings and 1st site i made was tooall i needed to dread was to go to a gathering for a couple weeks so why would i bother looking up info on something so simple?these days though ppl research dreadlocks for years b4 starting them and find hundreds of methods and products to confuse themi dont understand how ppl can find it easier to crochet all day then to simply throw away the combhow did something so pure natural and simple get so complicated currupted and comercialized?these days with youtube and all these websites all it takes to start a damaging fad (like crocheting) os for some newbie to post a vid "how i did my dreadlocks" and if the vid shows them shoving a tube up theyre ass to pump shit straight from theyre ass to theyre hair you can bet sooner or later someone will start selling an easy to incert shit pumping tube to help u get dreads fasterand ppl will be approaching u on the street asking "why dont your dreads stink? you must not be doing them right"theres such a thing as too much information when much of the information is bad informationback in the day when 64k was a hell of alot of ram information was much simpler throw away the comb dreads happen.. maybe it was a limitation of the minimal ram or then 100 meg hard drives that couldnt store thousdands of pages of complicated instructionsor maybe its the fault of progress? when computers doubled in speed every 2 weeks why shouldnt dreads dread faster as well?if progress is to blame shouldnt we also be able to give birth in 2 months instead of 9? shouldnt we be able to live out our lifetimes in 1/4 the time?these days even just twirling your hair around a fingers not enough now u need a technician that can twist your hair 20 diferent ways and only charge you a months rent to do iti think the worlds gone mad

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:45:17PM
Vixie D
@vixie-d
14 years ago
6 posts
Yes the worlds gone mad for sure and most people don't know their own insanity! Yes we live in an instant gratification throw away society, yet within humanity, there is an underlying sense of emptiness felt by a lot of people (increased rates of depression, alcoholism etc). we've been on a journey of dicovery, but in a time of technological advancement I beleive it's gonna come round full circle, people comin back to their roots........
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form