Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Dreads Natural for beginners?

Moneybags McGuilicutty
@moneybags-mcguilicutty
14 years ago
33 posts
I have a few questions, I've been starting my natural process is going pretty legit, but a few things I was curious it really doesn't bother me, but just wanted to know so I don't waste time after time, after three days of non wash my hair get all tangle looking and pretty hectic, but when I wash my hair the top of my head is flat besides the ends, they stay curly, then it takes three days for it to curl up again and then I wash again and its flat again.. haha it keeps repeating itself is this normal, or should some of my hair stay curled after showering, I use bar soap rub it on my hair, and also rub my scalp... obvisiouly im just letting it do its thing but it really doesnt look like too much after i shower... and it takes two days afterwards for it to get where it was before then i wash it again and it keeps repeating itself, ive been dreading going on three weeks... any ideas, or is that normal, if it is ill keep doing what i do, i just dont want to waste three or 4 months and be like oh wow i was suppose to do this haha
updated by @moneybags-mcguilicutty: 01/13/15 08:45:04PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
dont rub it on the hair only scalp scrub the scalp with fingertips then rince thrubetter yet use baking soda and dont touch your head at all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shuk Coot
@shuk-coot
14 years ago
17 posts
dude.. im goin through the same thing, after wash my hair will get fluffy and really hectic and after one or two days it would take back its normal composure, well vice versa of what youre going through. I think the dreading process is happening somewhere in between, my dreads kinda look a bit more tighter one or two days after wash. Thus maybe the reason to keep it clean so that it'll dread faster. I think the naps we take that helps in forming the normal composure of our dreads, in your case your dreads curl up again. Youre going the natural way, best not to rub your hair just your scalp. Not to say never touch your hair at all when your washing it, just be easy on it. =)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
yeah I would say the baking soda is better. You just pour it on, let is soak and rinse. then pour on acv let it soak and rinse...no scrubbing the delicate baby dreads
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form