Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Gingernut's journey- T&R method

Gingernut
@gingernut
14 years ago
6 posts
I nearly booked myself in to have my hair dreaded using the crochet method as a local lady was recommended, but after spending 2 & half solid waking days reading as much as I could I decided to go for the T&R method....esp after seeing Mama Harrison's pictures on here!! :DI went from wanting the neat perfect uniformed crochet dreads to a lovely mixture of more natural formed dreads, but I knew I didn't have the patience to go for the natural method.It seemed like an easy way to do it my self, plus I really wanted thin skinny dreads. It took about 13 hours split over 3 days.Here is my before pictures-

During-

Shows just how much hair I have when it's down!!

After-I cut in a new fringe...I'm hoping the change distracts people from the mess at the back until it settles down!! :D

close up showing the few braids I put in too

Now I just need to be patient & see what journey we go on......
updated by @gingernut: 02/14/15 05:19:22AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they look awesome :)good job

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
Ohhh--they look great!! They look very similar to mine, too ;) We obviously have good taste in dreadlocks -hehe-So happy for you and can't wait to see how your journey unfolds. Are you not going to do the front? I want to see a pic with them all down~~~Have you had a chance to count them or is too daunting a task?So so so so glad to have been able to help you on your way--that is exactly why I am posting my journey. Each One, Teach One.Keep your eye out for my NM gira size 7 :):);):)
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Looks great :) ...and I absolutely love your color :D!!
Rose Red
@rose-red
14 years ago
1 posts
Oooh, gingernut! I'll be following your example next week, I hope.
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts

How are your dreadlocks coming along? ANy new pics to share??

Gingernut
@gingernut
13 years ago
6 posts

Sorry it has taken me so long to get update pics, but the last few months have been rather manic here with lots of illness & my 4th miscarriage, plus my husband being sent away for a weeks course :(

Anyway, here are some pics we got the other day, while combining it with my 365 photo project (hence the posing in a corset & leather trousers!! *blush*). I had only just done the henna & indigo colour again, so the red is REALLY bright. I wish it would stay that bright, but henna oxidises over a few days &it is now a bit darker but still shiny.

The henna also makes the dreads go CRAZY!!!! The amount of new lumps & bumps over night is mad, & even over a week later I am still waking up each day with a whole new head of manic mess!! LOL

I have a very love/hate relationship with them, & either have days when I absolutely love them & others when I am fully prepared to try & brush them out. Compared to before though I really did not care about my hair too much at all so 2 strong emotions is cool!. Every one else loved it, just not me. Now the majority of people do not like it, but I do!! LOL

They have taught me a lot about vanity too though. I would not have thought of my self as a particularly vain person before, but having to go out with a head of complete mess & chaos was fairly intimidating at 1st, but once I decided to think 'fuck em!!!' I have been able to let go a lot & not worry about things as much & say & do many things I may not have done before :D

updated by @gingernut: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Gingernut
@gingernut
13 years ago
6 posts

I forgot to say that I have lost a fair bit of length on many of them. Lots have fallen out at least half to 3/4 of the length. I did start re-T&Ring them, but gave up & have let them do their own things.

One of the braids fell out about a month back & it is interesting watching how that one is dreading up naturally with no help. It's going pretty fast too!!!

I do like my whispy ends, esp as I have dyed them with indigo so they are black. A few of the ones that have not undone, have started to eat the bases now & get that rounded end of more mature dreads. These are mostly at the back round my neck. I kind of hope they don't all do that as I do like the whispy ends, but we shall see what they want to do, as it's not like I have any control over them! ;)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

damn drools

ya are gorgouse

im so sorry to hear about the miscaraiages and all the other troubles tho wee are always here for you

hugs

rock that sexy mess :)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
wow jealous they look amazing and love the henna/indigo!!!!! Keep lovin' them!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form