Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To cut his dreads off or not...that is the question? Manny Ramirez vs White Sox

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
As I am reading the newest discussion on the site here I over heard ESPN debating if Manny will comply to the rules of the White Sox baseball team. No long hair...all (sport fans that is) are wondering if Manny will cut off his long dreads in order to play for the team. He was traded to that team from the Dodgers. Most of the sport casters are saying Manny will not cut one inch off the length of his dreads.

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
I hate sports and really know nothing about any teams or people but I hope he doesn't cut them! I think the whole notion that to look acceptable or "professional" everyone has to look the same is stupid. Most of my male friends wear long hair and I love it! Wish they were all dreaded too! Lol I went to a concert one time and I was with my long haired friends, who yes, looked kinda crazy...anyway, a group of short hair corporate types were behind us and for the whole show were being real assholes! They were loud and spitting beer at people and rough housing. Security came over to see what the problem was and before we knew it my friends were being handcuffed! Thank god several people in the crowd turned around and began to tell the real story! But there is my point, just because someone looks "acceptable" it doesn't make them a good person or worthy of admiration.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i hate sports too and even if i did like sports id boycott that team just cause of that rulethey traded him (what a concept..trading people..) with dreads they knew he had dreads and still wanted him so they should be stuck with him dreads and all

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cracker
@cracker
14 years ago
15 posts
He makes $100,000 a day. For one he had the choice to be traded and he chose to go. So if that's the teams policy he should follow it. I agree hair doesn't make a person good or bad, but he has the choice to not make that much money and keep his dreads. I would for sure cut mine off for that much money...hair grows back when you retire. It is after all just hair.
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
My point too SE. That the White Sox accepted the trade, knowing that Manny had long dreads...now they want those dreads to be cut to confirm to their rule on looking a certain way that would be acceptable to represent their ball club and team......a least that is what I hearing on ESPN. I love most sport. play a lot of tennis and racquettball, water/snow ski, swim, horseback riding, hiking, ...anything to be outside and active with my body...feels great. We could call it something else other than "sports" how about being "alive". Maybe folks who hate sports..hate those like organized/corporate sponsored sports....if you get my drift.peace and enjoy the earth today...which means to me be "alive"
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
1) Manny knew that the White Sox club have a long standing policy in place in regards to hair before accepting his trade with and to the White Sox.2) White Sox knew Manny had long dreads (years of growth-long standing) before they accepted the trade with him.Soooo back to cut or not to cut...that is the question?I think it will be interesting to see how it plays out or if there is a compromise of some sort. momma has dreads said:
My point too SE. That the White Sox accepted the trade, knowing that Manny had long dreads...now they want those dreads to be cut to confirm to their rule on looking a certain way that would be acceptable to represent their ball club and team......a least that is what I hearing on ESPN. I love most sport. play a lot of tennis and racquettball, water/snow ski, swim, horseback riding, hiking, ...anything to be outside and active with my body...feels great. We could call it something else other than "sports" how about being "alive". Maybe folks who hate sports..hate those like organized/corporate sponsored sports....if you get my drift.
peace and enjoy the earth today...which means to me be "alive"
Cracker
@cracker
14 years ago
15 posts
Its actually in the contract he signed that he has to look that way. So technically he agreed to it. If he doesn't follow through they can fine him for it. It's in every single players contract.
Cracker
@cracker
14 years ago
15 posts
I have the same issue playing soccer...Im constantly running around on the field tucking dreads back in that fall out of my pony tail. You come up with anything good yet?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form