Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scabs on my head.

Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
why am i getting scabs on my scalp? dreadlocks are approaching 2 months old now. I have almost no itchiness anymore, so i don't feel like it is from me itching. they aren't tight at the roots, so that can't be it. i do have dandruff after a few days of not washing, but when i was with BS/ACV rinse it goes away. When i was i massage my scalp to stimulate it.i am wondering if it is the baking soda. I make tooth powder for toothpaste and use baking soda and sometimes if i use too much (get the mix too baking soda heavy vs peroxide) i will get raw gums. I have heard that baking soda can be caustic for some people. Does anyone else have this issue? if it is the baking soda---what do i wash with instead? i have dr bronners, but it leaves residue in my hair and doesn't clean the way the baking soda does.i'm sad :( i love my dreadlocks, but i have light blonde hair and def don't want people to see red wounds on my scalp and don;t want them to be there!
updated by @mama-harrison: 02/14/15 07:51:02AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
hmm could they be left ofver from when u were itching and scratching alot can u try the baking soda weakerare u doing acv after

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
How much do you use, how do you use it and how often?
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
1 cup in a 2 gallon vinegar jug with EO--I have a TON of hair--I wash 1x a week--sometimes 2x a week if I have been outside or swimming a lot. Island Mamma said:
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
1 cup in a 2 gallon vinegar jug with EO--I have a TON of hair--I wash 1x a week--sometimes 2x a week if I have been outside or swimming a lot. Island Mamma said:
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
it isn't left over from when i was super itchy--they are new. I am doing th ACV rinse. I am going to use less baking soda and maybe add a wee bit of doc bronners peppermint soap to it and see if that helps. soaringeagle said:
hmm could they be left ofver from when u were itching and scratching alot can u try the baking soda weaker
are u doing acv after
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Hmmm seems like a lot to me. Of water and BS. I use two table spoons of BS in 2 cups of water. I have a ton of hair too. Its to my waist and hella thick and curly. Maybe try using my ratio??? Mama Harrison said:
1 cup in a 2 gallon vinegar jug with EO--I have a TON of hair--I wash 1x a week--sometimes 2x a week if I have been outside or swimming a lot.

Island Mamma said:
Mama Harrison
@mama-harrison
14 years ago
117 posts
thanks for the response--that wouldn't even get 1/4 of my hair damp though. the scabs have gone away now--so--i will try something different next wash :) Island Mamma said:
Hmmm seems like a lot to me. Of water and BS. I use two table spoons of BS in 2 cups of water. I have a ton of hair too. Its to my waist and hella thick and curly. Maybe try using my ratio???

Mama Harrison said:
1 cup in a 2 gallon vinegar jug with EO--I have a TON of hair--I wash 1x a week--sometimes 2x a week if I have been outside or swimming a lot.

Island Mamma said:
joyful.d
@joyfuld
14 years ago
9 posts
I was getting the same thing on my scalp, and also using bs/acv. Turned out it was too much bs for my skin. Maybe try half that amount of bs in the same amount of water followed by cold water rinses and see if that improves things. Since I did that I haven't had a single issue with my scalp. Mama Harrison said:
thanks for the response--that wouldn't even get 1/4 of my hair damp though. the scabs have gone away now--so--i will try something different next wash :)

Island Mamma said:
Hmmm seems like a lot to me. Of water and BS. I use two table spoons of BS in 2 cups of water. I have a ton of hair too. Its to my waist and hella thick and curly. Maybe try using my ratio???

Mama Harrison said:

Island Mamma said:
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I wash in the shower, so two cups of water with baking soda, over my already wet hair is plenty, you really should try something different if its leaving scabs. Mama Harrison said:
thanks for the response--that wouldn't even get 1/4 of my hair damp though. the scabs have gone away now--so--i will try something different next wash :) Island Mamma said:

Mama Harrison said:

Island Mamma said:
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form