Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cutting off parts of dreads?

Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
The front part of my head looks great, the dreads are forming nicelyBut, the back of my head is all messed up.... They look great for about the first half, then the last half it's all messed up and it looks really bad. I'm all for them being their natural self, but highschool is starting in only 2 weeks, and I really want them looking nice.So, I was thinking about just cutting off the last half of the dreads in the back. would it hurt the dreading process to just let them regrow in a nicer way? i know I could just comb out the last half and redo it, but I really don't want to go through that pain, and I don't have the time.Would it be an OK idea to just cut off the last half, straight off, and let it regrow and redread?Thanks!
updated by @buffalo-rogers: 01/13/15 08:44:30PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I don't know how you can think those are messed up!! LOL!...I think they are beautiful ... but then again I absolutely love the loops :)How old are your locs? Loops are a sign that they are tightening so it's really a good thing. All dreads should go through this teenage rebellious stage where they get all loopy and bumpy and zig zaggy ...it's all part of the process. They usually smooth out some with time though. Give it some time to mature and you'll see how great they turn out :)If you really don't like them try to smooth them out before you cut them. Try palm rolling them with some aloe gel.
Buffalo Rogers
@buffalo-rogers
14 years ago
46 posts
They're about 1 year old, give or take a week or two :)Ok! I don't have an aloe plant, but i'll look for one. About how long do you think it'll take them to smooth out a bit, into more dread-looking? I agree, I think the loops like pretty cool xD but all of them like that in one spot masses up and gets not-fun :P
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
why would u cut those thats what gives them perrsonalityleave ethey look ammazzing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
14 years ago
159 posts
You may want to tie colorful embroidery thread around that part of them. That is what I did on about 5 of my way too loopy/zigzagging dreads. Mine were more in the middle of the dreads and not at the ends. But any way that may work for you , keep your length. The ones that I do have tied have been the way for about 5 month now. See picture of my 8 month dread time line. You can see a few of them, they are any where from 3" to 6" of thread. I may do more, I like them and it adds a little color to my otherwise brown hair. I just wrap around/over the whole loop, just above it and then on down to just below it. peace

updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
loop 1 looks like a dreamcatcherloop 2 is a russian lion-tamer moustacheloop 3 is magnolia twins...why be worried about such cool things?
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Dont cut them!!! They look Awesome!!!! your loops and bumps are your dread fingerprints so to speak, they are wehat makes yours, well, yours :) I think they are sweet.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form