Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New Guy (Not sure what to put?)

Calen Mitchell
@calen-mitchell
14 years ago
7 posts
So to my own dismay, I shaved my head today. It had almost been a year since I last cut my hair but my friend starting my dreads and they weren't the way I wanted them. But I kept them in for a long time and it wasn't until today that I realized I really, really disliked them. (I want them skinny so I can style them) Unfortunately for me the wax I used for so long hadn't let me just be able to take them out. I had to comb and comb and they started to come out but before I had the dreads I always used a chemical relaxer in my hair so I think that weakened it a bit. So I thought, why not start fresh? So I guess I'll keep everyone posted about that.Um, It's actually a significant day for me to have shaved my head. I start college on the 23rd. I'm going in as a Theatre Arts and Biology major. I'm not very down to earth to be honest, my head is usually in the clouds somewhere. I'm extremely stubborn, ambitious and very friendly. I lead the Gay-Straight Alliance club at my school, don't really know if that helps but i guess that's pretty much me in a few sentences. Oh, I also have a blog if you'd want to check that out.
updated by @calen-mitchell: 02/14/15 07:50:27AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
welcome and with all the wax in there its good to start over u do not want any wax in dreads ever

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Calen Mitchell
@calen-mitchell
14 years ago
7 posts
Learned that the hard way :x but thanks. I can't wait to have my hair back.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
most ppl learn that the hard waybut thank god almost all do learn that after only 1 set of dreads gets lostive seen a few ppl who refused to learn and used it on 2-3 sets of dreadshow quicks your hair grow?luckily yours should start dreading pretty short

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea shes right the texture change is pretty much permenant and its really best to let it go natural from naturaluntreatted to untreatted FireChild said:
There will always be a line of demarcation between relaxed and natural hair so yeah eventually it had to go.

--
Calen Mitchell
@calen-mitchell
14 years ago
7 posts
I could see my line of untreated and treated. I usually cut my hair every 2 weeks. So it won't take that long. I wanna start my dreads shorter this time so I wouldn't have to walk around with a fro.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
trow away your comb they'll dread as they grow

--
Calen Mitchell
@calen-mitchell
14 years ago
7 posts
Really?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
ofcourse dreads dont need to be made and african hair dreads naturaly at a fairly short length its hard to predict how short but can be pretty damn short depending on your hairour hair usualy dreads at 6 inches mine dreaded alot shorter 1/2 thatafrican hair will dread itself anywhere from 1/4 to 1 inch usualyjust decide if u wat to seperate to control the sizes or let it foem as it wants whichj can be crazy huge to really skinny it kinda has a mind of its own but u can choose to ad a lil control by seperating sections that are too big

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
u absolutely can control the size if u go natural but they look best if u dont controll the size just prevent them from getting too far outside the size range you want u can control the size even make em all the exact same size but thats kinda boring and doesnt look as good as say a blend of thin to thick as long as your not going thicker then u want

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form