Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do Tams or dread socks help?

Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
I have just started working on my dreads. Like just an hour ago- lol! I know that they will take a while to form but I was wondering about tams and dread socks. Do they help dreads develop? Should I sleep in them? Should I wear one all the time while I am beginning here? What's the deal with these? Thoughts and comments would be helpful - Thanx!!!! :)
updated by @andelynn: 01/13/15 08:42:51PM
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
If made of wool then yes :)and you can sleep in them but not if they're too tight. It they are tight then find a wool sweater of blanket and put that over your pillow, that'll help :)How are you starting your dreadies???
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
Haha, all I've done is wash with Dr. B's peppermint liquid soap and that's it. It seems that most people on here recommend just doing nothin, so I'm curious to see if it will work. Thanx for the advice on the tams.
ZeeFighter
@zeefighter
14 years ago
153 posts
where cans't thou findeth thine sock thou speaketh of?
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
I have seen them online, but you can make them pretty much out of anything. I know people sometimes cut the sleeves off of old t-shirts or sweaters for example. ZuriYAH "Zii" said:
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i wouldnt all the time max 1/2 the time

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andelynn
@andelynn
14 years ago
50 posts
Thanx SE - so you see, I've finally made up my mind to go ahead and try it. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes! Thanx for all your help!
Chee Samelson
@chee-samelson
13 years ago
2 posts
It's good to wear something to sleep in at night. It helps to keep the locs in place. Helps them stay neat. There are alot of places you can get stuff to cover them. It depends on what you like. I usually buy stuff to cover my hair from a site called http://www.lockscrunchie.com . I like those because they don't have elastic bands since the elastic will bother me and i don't really want to rub out my hair in the front because of elastic you know. It's alot of variety to pick from too. Different Colors and styles. They have a sleeping cap for starter locs on there too.
Chee Samelson
@chee-samelson
13 years ago
2 posts

try http://www.lockscrunchie.com

hter said:

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form