Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Start From Scratch or Work With What You Have?

Dominick Kadeem
@dominick-kadeem
14 years ago
4 posts
i was thinking...if you grow your hair without the intent of natural locking and then decide you want to naturally lock your hair later on, would there be much of a difference if you shaved your head and started fresh and decided to naturally lock?
updated by @dominick-kadeem: 01/13/15 08:42:48PM
karen
@karen
14 years ago
78 posts
I dont understand this question...why would you need to shave your head because you had grown your hair without the intent of locking?
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
It would be best to work with what you have rather than start over. Hairs gonna lock either way, might as well have more to begin with.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it takkes much much longer from a shaved head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dominick Kadeem
@dominick-kadeem
14 years ago
4 posts
i didnt mean necessarily shave your head...i was saying like what if you always had short hair and decided you wanted to lock your hair after your next haircut.once you got your haircut, you stopped combing your hair from then on, rather then if you already had long hair and decided to stop combing it
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
why would you cut your hair if you're planning on dreading? Just leave your hair alone and stop combing/conditioning.
Dominick Kadeem
@dominick-kadeem
14 years ago
4 posts
what if your hair was already down your back then you decided to stop combing and lock it up versus your hair being 1/4 in. and you decided to lock and stop combing...would it make a noticible difference is what im asking.
Dominick Kadeem
@dominick-kadeem
14 years ago
4 posts
i wann know if it would make a noticible difference in the finished product Personal Jesus said:
..............what would be the point in cutting it just to dread man? Just let it go how it is now if its down your back then whats the problem long hair dreads a bit faster. There would honestly be no point in cutting just to grow dreads so they will later on get to the same length only much slower just dread it up now.

Dominick Kadeem said:
what if your hair was already down your back then you decided to stop combing and lock it up versus your hair being 1/4 in. and you decided to lock and stop combing...
would it make a noticible difference is what im asking.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the only possible difference is they might tend to try being thickerand theyd be longer to starti wouldnt cut

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
let me expplain this if you start dreading with long hair u will have mature dreadss in a year and looking greatif u start dreading from a shaved headyoud be lucky to find a scraggly dread by year 2 and wont be mature till year 3 (and still short)

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form