Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

shampoo brand sold locally

Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
so i called my local beauty supply store and asked them if they carried residue free shampoo and they said they carried neutrogena residue free shampoo. is this shampoo good? im not sure if i should buy it or not. heres a link to what it is http://www.eskinstore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4625&idcategory=874
updated by @matt5: 01/13/15 08:41:57PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
its an anto resudue clarigfy it removes residues from other soaps i recomend it pre dread to strip away copnditioner buildup but post dread i wouldntuse the baking soda or the maylees garden soaps in our shops

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
At this rate, just pick up a box of baking soda and a bottle of apple cider vinegar and leave the shampoo alone. It'll save you money and will start conditioning your scalp for the journey ahead. Or, if you're into bar soap (or yummy smelling things) then hit up Maylee's Garden and pick out your favorite scent. I no longer use her soaps for my dreads (it's just become a whole ton of work to use shampoo bars) but still use them for my body with fabulous results.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
It's Anti-Residue not Residue-Free..so it does remove residues, but it leaves it's own residue behind. Like SE says, it's good to strip the hair of residues before the dreads but while you've got them it's not really recommended.Only residue free that is sold in stores that I know of is Dr Bronners. You can order online if you can't find it. Or the baking soda and acv works great too :)
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Check your water quality before using Dr. Bronner's though, as it did leave a calcium type residue in my hair because of the extremely hard water out here; it would never wash completely out. That's why I recommended the bs/acv wash and rinse is because it works really well in all water types (even in my hard water) and keeps your hair squeaky clean. Paula said:
It's Anti-Residue not Residue-Free..so it does remove residues, but it leaves it's own residue behind. Like SE says, it's good to strip the hair of residues before the dreads but while you've got them it's not really recommended.
Only residue free that is sold in stores that I know of is Dr Bronners. You can order online if you can't find it. Or the baking soda and acv works great too :)
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
Yeah, I was just looking things up because my hair isn't knotting up after a week, I know it might be too soon to tell but I know my hair is to short to dread being only two inches. And the baking soda and acv rinse seems like a lot of work for little hair that isn't even knotting up yet. I just thought the shampoo would be easier for now and maybe might work better with my hair. Idk, just expressing my thoughts
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
It's really not that much work at all! I posted a ratio a while back that can be adapted to just about any length of hair. Try 1 tablespoon of baking soda per cup of water and use the same for acv. Honestly it'll save you time and money in the long run (trust me, I was stubborn and used shampoo well into my 6th month... it was at that point that the shampoo became a hassle!). It also looks like you'll need much more hair, and a ton more time before you see any real progress. Dreading is a journey though! Matt said:
Yeah, I was just looking things up because my hair isn't knotting up after a week, I know it might be too soon to tell but I know my hair is to short to dread being only two inches. And the baking soda and acv rinse seems like a lot of work for little hair that isn't even knotting up yet. I just thought the shampoo would be easier for now and maybe might work better with my hair. Idk, just expressing my thoughts
Matt5
@matt5
14 years ago
22 posts
I hoping by next month I will start to see some good progress and then I might twist and rip. But with the bs/acv rinse, can I just mix it into a gallon jug for each and use it as needed when I shower or am I supposed to mix it up right before each shower?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
id mix it b4 i use it baking sodas when it hits water releases bubbles that clean i think it would lose effectiveness if u mix and store it but could be wrong i mix it seconds b4 dumping on my head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
That all depends on your preference. You can mix all the baking soda and water in one jug, and all the acv and water in another if you want, but I just keep two plastic cups (think the 1$ ones from walmart) in the shower and before I get in I measure out two tablespoons of bs and two tablespoons of acv, and add water in the shower right before I use it. Matt said:
I hoping by next month I will start to see some good progress and then I might twist and rip. But with the bs/acv rinse, can I just mix it into a gallon jug for each and use it as needed when I shower or am I supposed to mix it up right before each shower?
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form