Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads forced to congo

sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
My friend came over the other day, and he twisted and ripped all my dreads and palm rolled them for me, but he also forced a couple of them together on one side of my head. Now they feel like braided dreads a bit.What should I do? Rip them apart?I'm thinking of just letting them do what they want.
updated by @sam: 02/14/15 06:41:21AM
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
I can't even really rip them. It's like 3 big dreads knotted together. Jess Gergely said:
doing what they want is probably best. soaring eagle will tell you that, & i agree.
but if you're up for maintainence, i'd say rip it, but i'd be careful. if it's a LOT of
hair, i wouldn't, & i'd just let it go on by itself. but, if its a few strands of hair that
are starting to congo, i'd rip.

i have two congos (sort of), one in the back of my head that is so attached, i'd need skizzers
to get them apart, & then ones that congo by themselves over time, which is easily
pulled apart. i'm into maintaining my dreads every week or two, so i pull apart my
congos that start when i dread my roots. i don't know what you do with your hair.
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
then sounds like its will be one dread now! you can put a bead over it to help keep it together
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
how big take a closeup if he threaded 1 rthriu the other u maybe ojk to undo it but be carefull and dont let ppl fuck with your dreadstoo big of congos vcan be a hassle

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
He didnt thread them, they're twisted together then backcombed. And yeah, from now on im just letting my hair do what it wants. soaringeagle said:
how big take a closeup if he threaded 1 rthriu the other u maybe ojk to undo it but be carefull and dont let ppl fuck with your dreads
too big of congos vcan be a hassle
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
oh sothety wernt backcombed already he just got lazy and combined 3 secions into 1 then backcombed?depending how thick they are id riop em into 3 if u can

--
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
they were kind of loose and he just ripped the comb up the dreads. And now they are about twice as thick as my other ones. soaringeagle said:
oh so

thety wernt backcombed already he just got lazy and combined 3 secions into 1 then backcombed?

depending how thick they are id riop em into 3 if u can
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
closeup pic would help but from the 1 pic youirs dont look huge so twice that size shiuldnt be bad ..guestimate the total thickness

--
sam
@sam
15 years ago
40 posts
probably 5 cm and opposed to 2 everywhere else. soaringeagle said:
closeup pic would help but from the 1 pic youirs dont look huge so twice that size shiuldnt be bad ..guestimate the total thickness
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
sorry i speak english thats like ..guessing an inch while the rest are 1/2 inchi think it will be fineunless sokeone tells me thats 2-3 inches then id think about rippin em

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form