Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

brand new to dreading

Brando420
@brando420
14 years ago
12 posts
Hi everybody, my name is Brandon, and I started my dreads three days ago. I had a friend backcomb and wax it, and after finding this site decided to knock the small amount of wax out of my hair and let it do it's thing naturally (it just seems like a better idea to "earn" my locks instead of having them given to me).Heh... I'm never quite sure what to put in an introduction, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask :). My only question for the moment is: is it ok to leave the rubber bands in my hair for now to keep the sections? plus I had horrid broken and split ends, so I have quite a few tips that are starting to lock, and lots of loose hair in the middleBefore backcombing (the last picture of me with straight hair):

Right after 4 hours of back combing:

right now (after washing and drying to remove the wax):

updated by @brando420: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Hey there an welcome to the site :)not sure how long you have the bands in, but usually you wanna make sure not to keep them in too long so as to prevent them from becoming enveloped inside the lock.the sections will form safely just as long as you separate them responsibly as they begin to congo
Brando420
@brando420
14 years ago
12 posts
I've had the bands in for a little over 48 hours Iain said:
Hey there an welcome to the site :)
not sure how long you have the bands in, but usually you wanna make sure not to keep them in too long so as to prevent them from becoming enveloped inside the lock.
the sections will form safely just as long as you separate them responsibly as they begin to congo
Brando420
@brando420
14 years ago
12 posts
Thanks for the tip :). I'm honestly not terribly worried about the sections holding. After washing them there was almost no damage to the sections beyond what hadn't already come loose Rachel said:
Dude, I had rubber bands in for, no joke, 2 days and I barely got them out because my hair had already knotted into them so badly! Your sections will hold without the rubber bands, and the parts that don't hold will dread up in time...get rid of those bands before they turn to goo or get totally knotted up!

Anyway, welcome to the site! :) Good luck! :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
yea take out the bands and keep removing wax long after u think its all gone they look better already but still seems like theres more that needs to be removed

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
hey welcome man! I have the same length and thinness as you ad I chucked my comb june 11th. I let it go neglect for about a week then T&R'd it where it was separating on its own. It'll be cool to watch your hair dread up.
Brando420
@brando420
14 years ago
12 posts
thanks for all the support guys, it's a big change from what I've been hearing a lot of :) "wow man, who'd you piss off?"And thanks again for telling me to lose the bands... if I'd have left them in the tips another day, I don't know if i'd have been able to get them out 0_0
Brando420
@brando420
14 years ago
12 posts
thanks (mostly just flattened :P , I'm sure they're gonna unravel now that the rubber bands are out). oh well, it's for the best ricky williams said:
WOW those are some fat locks man :)
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Welcome to the site, man. I like your thought process. Long live the natty.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
yup ot all right if they unravel. The backcombed knots are not dread knots, the hair needs to make those on it's own :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form