Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Chlorine on dreads

Carrissa Painter
@carrissa-painter
14 years ago
7 posts
Whatre the effects of chlorine on dreadlocks?
updated by @carrissa-painter: 01/13/15 08:40:55PM
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Recently I read that chlorine is horrible for your hair. I always thought it was but I never knew how bad until one of our members informed me. It's not going to kill your dreads but it is definitely bad for hair, period. I swim in lakes, rivers, steams, ponds and the ocean. It's better that way anyways. =D
Carrissa Painter
@carrissa-painter
14 years ago
7 posts
Well I'm going to a water park and I was just wondering if it'd be okay for the day.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
Sure that should be fine :)Just rinse your hair well afterward. If you're going to swim and your dreadies are new, then let me tell you they will get crazy loopy .. well at least mine did and I love em :D
Carrissa Painter
@carrissa-painter
14 years ago
7 posts
Oh alright, cool :)
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
I just came back from a week in mexico where my hair was exposed to chlorine daily for a week and the ocean, it was ok, just rinse preferably.
Davey
@davey
14 years ago
22 posts
i started my current set while on a weekend holiday and spent a lot of time in the sun during the day and in a hot tub/pool at night and it seems like it dried my hair out a ton, which is good for me cause i have super oily soft hair, i still rinsed off and everything but water pressure in the hotel was non existant so i couldn't wash it out with shampoo. i had gone down there intending to start natty dreads so i drove with the windows down and sunroof open on the highway for a few hours and by day 3 my head was already starting to section; i ended up doing tnr but my hair was already pretty knotty so i just used the natural sections and my hair was so dried out it knotted up really well. can't say it was good or bad for them, but i think the clorine dried out everything pretty good, but considering the number of kids at the hotel the hot tub was probably more of a salt water dip than i care to acknowledge.i've swam with new dreads before aswell and it didn't seem to hurt them, if anything they felt a bit tighter. can't say it's good or bad, but deffinatly want to rinse out just because you never know how much urine your in:P
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form