Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Ima a bit sad..

Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
I have had my dreads going on 11 months now.. And it seems within the past two months they look crappier. I know i must be patient with dreads.. I guess my question is.. Is there a point when they starting maturing more that they look a lil more raggid for a while? Im trying to just remind myself that they are starting to lock even more and because of this its pushing out hair in certain spots and tighening in others. I just am getting a lot of loose hair, especially near my ends.. Which is wierd. and a lot of bulges..Anything I can do to help em along? I do a lot of palm rolling. and I wash em every 3 or 4 days.
updated by @marlee-skye: 02/14/15 09:06:17AM
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Yea it is a natural phase. Bulges will disappear once they start maturing more..what method did you use to start your dreads cz that might answer few things..hope this helps...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
palm rollings completely pointlesshow did u start em what have u done besides palm rollcan u add a picture?it sounds perfectly normaland well very beautifullearn to see the beauty in the process not problems the things u now see as things u need to fix are really just things that add beauty and charachter..so come on show us those beauties and when u see how many ppl are drooling over em u will feel much better (but maybe soggy from drool?)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
No, they're doing what they're supposed to do. They are definitely dreading. If you really want to help em then stop palm rolling them, it's really just a waste of time. Keep your head up, it's gonna happen soon. The bulges are a good sign of things to come.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
lol..soggy from drool reminds me of saint bernard i used to have when i was 1 or 2 yrs old..i would slip and get covered in his drool bazilion times a day..hehe soaringeagle said:
palm rollings completely pointless
how did u start em what have u done besides palm roll
can u add a picture?
it sounds perfectly normal
and well very beautiful
learn to see the beauty in the process not problems the things u now see as things u need to fix are really just things that add beauty and charachter..so come on show us those beauties and when u see how many ppl are drooling over em u will feel much better (but maybe soggy from drool?)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
I've gone through your pictures and I don't see what you're complaining about, They look amazing!!!
Pamella
@pamella
14 years ago
31 posts
Its normal in the process~Just embrace this as part of the journey, sweets!~ Your locks are beautiful..My locks have alot more lumps than yours!~ ~No Worries, okay??~
London <3
@london-3
14 years ago
18 posts
If I could tell the world just one thing. It would be that we're all OK.And not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful. And useless in times like theseI won't be made useless. I won't be idle with despair.I will gather myself around my faith, For light does the darkness most fear.take your own advice hun...... It's good stuff =]London<3
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
my ex boyfriend back combed my hair, and he used wax in them twice. After those two times I decided I didnt like it.. and didnt really understand how they could help. Because of that.. I have noticed some of my dreads are dreading seperately at the roots. It makes me sad :( a couple of my dreads were interlocked at one point too. And I did my best to pull them out, and let them repair. That was only when they were like 3 or 4 months a long.. But I feel like their taking the blow now :(I really love my hair, but at the same time I dont want them to get worse and have more loose hair and such. I have naturally very straight hair, does this have any reason with them having so much loose hair?Some of my loose hair its like its just coming out of my dreads. Its not so much the loose hair at my roots im worried about but I have a handful of dreads that just seem to be coming apart :(Hmm.. Palm rollling is pointless? I thought with my backing off on palm rolling maybe thats why they lil funkdified.. Cuz i havent done it as much and I can definitly tell some of my dreads arent as tight as they used to be..
Marlee Skye
@marlee-skye
14 years ago
50 posts
:( I just feel a wee bit stupid interlocking some of them and using wax those couple times..Now that Im learning more about them, and how people feel they should be taken care of I regret it. But at the same time.. I dont wanna just comb them out and start over.. But I do want a little more uniformed dreads.. Marlee Skye said:
my ex boyfriend back combed my hair, and he used wax in them twice. After those two times I decided I didnt like it.. and didnt really understand how they could help. Because of that.. I have noticed some of my dreads are dreading seperately at the roots. It makes me sad :( a couple of my dreads were interlocked at one point too. And I did my best to pull them out, and let them repair. That was only when they were like 3 or 4 months a long.. But I feel like their taking the blow now :(

I really love my hair, but at the same time I dont want them to get worse and have more loose hair and such. I have naturally very straight hair, does this have any reason with them having so much loose hair?

Some of my loose hair its like its just coming out of my dreads. Its not so much the loose hair at my roots im worried about but I have a handful of dreads that just seem to be coming apart :(

Hmm.. Palm rollling is pointless? I thought with my backing off on palm rolling maybe thats why they lil funkdified.. Cuz i havent done it as much and I can definitly tell some of my dreads arent as tight as they used to be..
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form