Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do dreads grow in at the roots

Kev
@kev
14 years ago
17 posts
ok so i was wondering if when you have dreads do they dread by themselves at the root as they grow or do you have to maintain them? if they grow in by themselves how? and if they grow in by themselves does that only happen when fully matured or at the begining of my journey? my hair is stright and thick
updated by @kev: 02/03/18 12:45:18PM
Robert shawn bozarth
@robert-shawn-bozarth
14 years ago
25 posts
maintaining can be damaging, espessially at the roots, maintaining ussually breaks hair and shortens the life of your dreadlocks deppending on wich method you used your hair will unlock and then naturally lock, like backcombing and crocheting. those methods make it to where you have to maintain constantly or you will loose them, if you are doing them naturally them dont worry everythings gonna be all right, it will all work out in the end
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
such a common quesyion and i can only blame those sites and loctitions who press the need for root maintenance they make it seem like toots need to be worked on every 2 months freverwell..theydontofcourse roots dread on theyre own they have to or dreads wouldnt be dreads just knots hanging from the endsin fact keeping roots from dreading together ?9congoing) ids the only real maintenance u might want to do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily2
@emily2
14 years ago
17 posts
As the other said, they definitely dread 'by themselves'Mine merged themselves together naturally from very skinny to very fat. I started with lots, but my hair had other plans! The only 'maintenance' that you might have is washing and keeping them separated if you want them to remain smaller.
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
Wash and separate as desired, your new growth locks by itself,you never have to do anything to the new growth, though the new growth is probably the last part you'll notice lock up (cept maybe on the back of the head)
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
yes yes dread hunger, mine want to eat each other as well (mostly in back underneath) and I'm only on week 3, I seperate every couple days. But I believe this is becuase I have so many loose hairs still, once things mature a bit I think the need to seperating is going to go down for me.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form