Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Wax, what's so bad???

Will Gibbs
@will-gibbs
14 years ago
35 posts
Okay, i know about not using wax, so dont go off at me saying, dont use wax, blah blah blah.I wanna know whats so bad about wax?Okay it leaves bits of wax everywhere that is impossible to get out, so whats the big deal? you don't see it or anything?And another, it damages your hair, SERIOUSLY how does it do that, if it doesnt make your hair fall out, than what is the big deal???>>>>I think that it is over rated badly, i dunno, WHATS YOUR OPINION???<<<<<</body>
updated by @will-gibbs: 02/04/18 11:36:31PM
neil coe
@neil-coe
14 years ago
361 posts
yes not only the sticky factor, but wax is makes your dread water prof so if its covered in this wax, it can be cleaned, and even worst if some water gets trapped inside a dread then is waxedthe water and moisture turn to mold............... gross, and they make dreads stiff and fake looking, i too am no expert but those are my thoughts
Omega Yeti
@omega-yeti
14 years ago
20 posts
Mold dude, who the hell wants nasty, stinky mold hanging out on their head?How healthy is that?
Earthstudios
@earthstudios
14 years ago
108 posts
Not only is hair going to stick in the wax, but lint, carpet fuzzies, to just about everything is going to get stuck in it. Then the biggie which is already stated is the wax will form around the dread making it harder and harder each time you apply it to allow water to evaporate from the center creating a nice home for MOLD..... super yuck man.... why even open that door?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
do u really need to be an expert to realize wax in hairs stupid? is gum in hair good?\gums easier to remove from hair then waxand theres the stiff sticky stinky moldy factorsand the fact that your hair dreads 3 TIMES FASTER without waxit prevents dreading! it creates workthe only way knots can form in wax dreads is by forcing them by hours of palm rolling..no rubbing and rolling means no milding hair into wax (ccreating candles)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
restricts movement needed to lockit's hydrophobicyou don't need it for locks to be round,also its long term use can make locks feel abnormally stiff. (like sticks that stand straight right until the new growth hits)I've had it come out of my hair much later in the future after using it.after using it previously, I will never again use it, or even see it as anything remotely useful for locks.if you wanna use it you can go ahead, and see how you like it,but there is a reason more and more people are saying this (most of whom have used it)personally, I didn't see the negatives of using it, (other than my hair smelling bad for months) until long after using it and looking back through pictures.and to be fair, putting anything hydrophobic in locked hair should be known to be a terrible idea.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
when u do it without knowing how bad it is your a victimwhen u do it already knowing how bad it is your guilty of dread abusewhats so bad about wax? most wax dreads get cut in 3 years 2/3 of our members lost dreads to waxthousands of people went through heartbreak having to cut off dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form