Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Does this help with dandruff or just makes your hair soft? What is it made of once again? My last question is, how do YOU battle dandruff?
updated by @aaronthelegend: 02/14/15 08:24:04AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
it helps somewhat when following the baking soda soakacv apple cider vinageru can add teatree and rosemarey tooand freeeezing cold rince helps alot too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I actually have not been using the acv rinse in over a week and I have to say I don't miss t. Before, after the acv , my hair would be really soft and poofy and I would be spraying with sea salt to make it tighten again. Without the acv , I don't need the sea salt spray anymore. It's tight right after the wash.The itchiness/dandruff has been about the same as when I was using the acv, I just rinse really thoroughly and I think it's enough.Once the dreads are mature I will probably use the acv more often so that they are soft then, but now I need them to not be soft.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Is there a way to get rid of caustic without the ACV? Knottysleeves said:
ACV counteracts the high pH of the baking soda. The baking soda dries out your hair; the ACV brings it back to a balanced pH and makes it soft again.

It's not necessary to use ACV every time you do the baking soda wash, but you should do it once it awhile just to make sure the baking soda isn't leaving any buildup that could be caustic.
❂•Paula•❂
@opaulao
14 years ago
751 posts
I read somewhere that as long as you rinse extremely well with water you should be ok. Aaron"TheLegend" said:
Is there a way to get rid of caustic without the ACV?

Iain
@iain
14 years ago
844 posts
^what she said, anything acidic (safe of course lol)personally I do the BS/ACV clean once a monthrest I use a combo of different soaps but add tea tree, rosemary, peppermint (more for smell and the awesome feeling it has on the scalp)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Lolz that's cute xD "margarite"But I wash my hair with the Baking soda every 3/4 days. I add rosemary, lavender and Peppermint. I get some dandruff build up....but that's only because i used 2 drops of each with 2 1/4 cup of water -.-Tomorrow I wash my hair so I'm going to use around 6-8 drops this time. Knottysleeves said:
Fresh lime juice instead of ACV is an awesome treat once in awhile, especially if you add some salt to your baking soda. :-) I find it's gentler on my scalp.

And if you have a shot of tequila with it, you could be a human margarita!
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I used to get horrible dandruff. I started dreading and I barely get it anymore, only in very small doses, it's weird. It's like my scalp wanted to dread all along. :P But I use the ACV rinse after baking soda. About a spoon full of it.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
But it hasn't irradiated my scalp at all, I barely used them and well my head smelled good, but I didn't get any cool feeling like peppermint does. O.OIdk I'm going to experiment. Sister Rags said:
I agree with Knottys. Gotta go LIGHT on the oils, vinegar, baking soda ...you want them to enhance, not burn your skin/scalp.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts
Yeah I have less dandruff as well....it still bothers me though -.-Ever since I dreaded my hair is less itchy and less dandruff, it's actually pretty cool. And a lot of my friends are interested in doing it themselves now.
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form